Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ahammad <ah...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/22 20:41:41 UTC

Indexing from a DB, corrupt Lucene index

Hello,

I finally was able to run a full import on an Oracle database. According to
the statistics, it looks like it fetched all the rows from the table.
However, When I go into <solrhome>/data, there is nothing in there.

This is my data-config.xml file:

<dataConfig>
    <dataSource driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" url="<url>"
user="xxxx" password="xxxx"/>
    <document name="article">
            <entity name="akb" query="select * from akb">
				<field column="TITLE" name="title" />
				<field column="STATUS" name="status" />
				<field column="BODY" name="body" />
				<field column="ID" name="id" />

				<entity name="akbr" query="select USER from AKBR where AID='${akb.ID}'">
					<field column="USER" name="user"  />
				</entity>
        </entity>
    </document>
</dataConfig>

I added all the relevant fileds in the schema.xml file. From the interface
when I do dataimport?command=full-import, it says that "n rows were
fetched", where n is the actual number of rows in the DB table. Everything
looks great from there, but there is nothing in my data folder. In
solrconfig.xml, the line that defines the location where data is stored is:

<dataDir>${solr.data.dir:./solr/data}</dataDir>

What am I missing exactly? BTW, the Tomcat logs don't show errors or
anything like that.

Cheers and Thank you.

Re: Indexing from a DB, corrupt Lucene index

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
the fact that there is nothing in the data dir sugests that you are
looking at the wrong directory. Just fire a query for *:* and it will
tell you if there are indeed documents in the index. The statistics
admin page can tell you where the index is created

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 12:25 AM, ahammad <ah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Excuse the error in the title. It should say "missing Lucene index"
>
> Cheers
>

> ahammad wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I finally was able to run a full import on an Oracle database. According
>> to the statistics, it looks like it fetched all the rows from the table.
>> However, When I go into <solrhome>/data, there is nothing in there.
>>
>> This is my data-config.xml file:
>>
>> <dataConfig>
>>     <dataSource driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" url="<url>"
>> user="xxxx" password="xxxx"/>
>>     <document name="article">
>>             <entity name="akb" query="select * from akb">
>>                               <field column="TITLE" name="title" />
>>                               <field column="STATUS" name="status" />
>>                               <field column="BODY" name="body" />
>>                               <field column="ID" name="id" />
>>
>>                               <entity name="akbr" query="select USER from AKBR where
>> AID='${akb.ID}'">
>>                                       <field column="USER" name="user"  />
>>                               </entity>
>>         </entity>
>>     </document>
>> </dataConfig>
>>
>> I added all the relevant fileds in the schema.xml file. From the interface
>> when I do dataimport?command=full-import, it says that "n rows were
>> fetched", where n is the actual number of rows in the DB table. Everything
>> looks great from there, but there is nothing in my data folder. In
>> solrconfig.xml, the line that defines the location where data is stored
>> is:
>>
>> <dataDir>${solr.data.dir:./solr/data}</dataDir>
>>
>> What am I missing exactly? BTW, the Tomcat logs don't show errors or
>> anything like that.
>>
>> Cheers and Thank you.

--Noble Paul

Re: Indexing from a DB, corrupt Lucene index

Posted by ahammad <ah...@gmail.com>.