Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Pierre Antoine DuBoDeNa <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/09 21:52:10 UTC

master and slaves are running but they seem disconnected

Hello everyone..

I have a cluster of 5 VMs, 1 as master/slave the rest are slaves. I run
bin/start-all.sh everything seems ok i get no errors..

I check with jps in all server they run:

master:
22418 Jps
21497 NameNode
21886 SecondaryNameNode
21981 JobTracker
22175 TaskTracker
21688 DataNode

slave:
3161 Jps
2953 DataNode
3105 TaskTracker

But  in the web interface i get only 1 server connected.. is like the
others are ignored.. Any clue why this can happen? where to look for errors?

The hdfs web interface:

Live Nodes<http://fusemaster.cs.columbia.edu:50070/dfsnodelist.jsp?whatNodes=LIVE>
: 1 Dead Nodes<http://fusemaster.cs.columbia.edu:50070/dfsnodelist.jsp?whatNodes=DEAD>
: 0
it doesn't even show the rest slaves as dead..

can it be a networking issue? (but i start all processes from master and it
starts all processes to all others).

best,
PA

Re: master and slaves are running but they seem disconnected

Posted by Pierre Antoine DuBoDeNa <pa...@gmail.com>.
Oh i fixed the problem.. I changed for another application the hosts files
to include localhost at 127.0.0.1 .. that seems to have destroyed
everything..

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

--

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: master and slaves are running but they seem disconnected

Posted by Joey Krabacher <jk...@gmail.com>.