Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by mohmmadanis moulavi <an...@yahoo.co.in> on 2011/11/18 07:56:49 UTC

building hadoop

Friends,

I have modified the source program of hadoop 0.20.2, and i want to build it using  "ant"  but it's not working .

I use the following command

ant -Doffline=true -Dresolvers=internal

the ouput of this command looks like as follows:

clover.setup:

clover.info:
     [echo]
     [echo]      Clover not found. Code coverage reports disabled.
     [echo]

clover:

ivy-download:

ivy-init-dirs:

ivy-probe-antlib:

ivy-init-antlib:

ivy-init:
[ivy:configure] :: Ivy 2.0.0-rc2 - 20081028224207 :: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ ::

ivy-resolve-common:
[ivy:resolve] :: resolving dependencies :: org.apache.hadoop#Hadoop;working@yc4.cn.yuva.param
[ivy:resolve]  confs: [common]

and it stops there.

If anyone knows it how to build it, please let me know it.

Regards,

Mohmmdanis Moulavi

Re: building hadoop

Posted by Prashant Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.
I am sorry for my last post. There is no install target in ant. you may use
ant clean jar. Also you can press a tab after writing ant to see all
available targets.

Re: building hadoop

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 18/11/11 11:02, mohmmadanis moulavi wrote:
> I want to build it offline anyway

yes, and what everyone is saying is "to do this you need to have cached
locally every artifact that the ivy-based build process downloads". This
can be done by
  -doing an online build
  -getting someone else to do an online build and getting a copy of
~/.ivy/cache off their box

That's it. There is no support for initial offline as the source tree
doesn't include all the dependencies.

Re: building hadoop

Posted by mohmmadanis moulavi <an...@yahoo.co.in>.

Re: building hadoop