Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Aashay Sood <aa...@uhc.com> on 2012/12/10 15:08:05 UTC

Re: FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)

Samuel Remacle <sremacle <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> This is not a web application, so I'm not using Tomcat...
> Samuel
> >From: "Jeff Stanley" <jstanley <at> infinitecampus.com>>Reply-To: fop-users
<at> xmlgraphics.apache.org>To: <fop-users <at> xmlgraphics.apache.org>>Subject:
RE: FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)>Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:30:49
-0500>>Sounds like your .jar files are not being shared across
different>web-apps, do you have shared jar files in the common lib folder
of>Tomcat?>>________________________________>>From: Samuel Remacle
[mailto:sremacle <at> hotmail.com]>Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:45 AM>To:
fop-users <at> xmlgraphics.apache.org>Subject: FOP embedding problem
(NoClassDefFoundError)>>>>Hello,>>I'm a young programmer and I'd like to embed
FOP in my application, but>unfortunately I'm having some problems to do
> this.>>First of all, I tried to embed FOP using the code given in the
sample>application ExampleFO2PDF (available with FOP), but when I tried to
test>my application, I got the following error:>>Exception in thread
main>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyListMaker>>  at
org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:221)>>  at
embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.convertFO2PDF(ExampleFO2PDF.java:80)>>  at
embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.main(ExampleFO2PDF.java:131)>>I checked the code of my
application, but I couldn't find any error (the>code is almost the same as in
the sample apllication).>>So I decided to test the sample application
ExampleFO2PDF, and I got the>same error (I was expecting it).>>After
> seaching the web for a solution, I found (in a CVS commit) the>code of the
"missing interface" (PropertyListMaker). So I added this>interface to the
package and I tested again both applications, and then>I got another
error:>>Exception in thread main>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.apache.fop.fo.ElementMapping$Maker>>  at
org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:221)>>  at
embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.convertFO2PDF(ExampleFO2PDF.java:80)>>  at
embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.main(ExampleFO2PDF.java:131)>>>I searched the web once
again but I could not find the code of the>"missing class". So I decided to test
the FOP application (given with>the FOP API). I tested it with y FO file, and it
worked, I got my PDF>file without any
> problem. So I tried to embed FOP in my application>using the code the the FOP
application (wich is different from the code>of the sample application), but I
got the same errors.>>The IDE I'm working with is Oracle JDeveloper, I added the
files>fop.jar, avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar and ant-1.5.1.jar to
the>environment, I did not add the Xalan and Batik JARs to the
environment>because I'm using more recent versions of Xalan and Batik. I
downloaded>FOP on the Apache website.>>I hope that this mail is complete and I
would be glad if you could help>me to solve this problem.>>Thanks>>Samuel
REMACLE>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
To>unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-unsubscribe <at> xmlgraphics.apache.org
For>additional command
>  s, e-mail: fop-users-help <at> xmlgraphics.apache.org

Hi Samuel,

Did you by any chance get a solution to your problem. I am stuck with a similar
problem. I have no idea on why should the Driver class be accessing property
ListMaker since driver class was removed after fop 0.25 build while the
propertyListMaker class was introduced only in fop 0.93 build.

Do let me know your thoughts ?

Regards,
Aashay