Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Martin Zaun <Ma...@Sun.COM> on 2005/11/03 22:11:28 UTC

FYI, fixed two unprintable chars in ri11 enhancer source files

Compiling the enhancer sources with JDK 1.5 on a fresh checkout
on Solaris, two warnings were reported by javac, which I don't
think having seen before:

/export/martin/jdo/apache/jdo/trunk/ri11/src/java/org/apache/jdo/impl/enhancer/core/Augmenter.java:71:
warning: unmappable character for encoding ASCII
    //     attribute in the attributes table of a Code (?4.7.3)
                                                        ^
/export/martin/jdo/apache/jdo/trunk/ri11/src/java/org/apache/jdo/impl/enhancer/ClassFileEnhancerHelper.java:63:
warning: unmappable character for encoding ASCII
     *  The output stream has the same compress?on (if any) as the input
                                               ^

The two source files had indeed unprintable characters there,
which I fixed and checked in.

Martin

Re: FYI, fixed two unprintable chars in ri11 enhancer source files

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Martin,

This might be just a JDK 1.5 issue. Earlier VMs might really ignore
all comments instead of validating them.

Since our objective is to be able to compile/test/run on any VM from
1.3 to 1.5, this is indeed good to fix.

Craig