Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com> on 2006/02/11 16:53:07 UTC

Subversion multihoming

Can subversion be multihomed? In other words, is it possible to run
two completely separate subversion instances on the same box? I
suppose there is nothing "running" per se, but basically the idea is
that there is one apache instance serving two different sets of
repositories governed by two different sets of username/password and
policy files.

Can this be done?

Brad

Re: Subversion multihoming

Posted by Lares Moreau <la...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 09:53 -0700, Brad O'Hearne wrote:
> Can subversion be multihomed? In other words, is it possible to run
> two completely separate subversion instances on the same box? I
> suppose there is nothing "running" per se, but basically the idea is
> that there is one apache instance serving two different sets of
> repositories governed by two different sets of username/password and
> policy files.
>
> Can this be done?

I don't think 'multihomed' is the term you are looking for.  that would
imply 2 IPs in with their own dataset, running a linked repo.

As for the Question, It definately can be done.
Setup your <location> the way you like and use the SVNParentPath option
as noted in the SVNBook[1].

-Lares

 1. http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html
--
Lares Moreau <la...@gmail.com>  | LRU: 400755 http://counter.li.org
lares/irc.freenode.net                 |               ::0 Alberta, Canada

RE: Subversion multihoming

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <lg...@mobsol.be>.
Yep,

you can define multiple Location's or VirtualHosts to separate svn sets.

Lieven.