Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by simer anand <si...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/21 10:51:36 UTC

Repository.xml configuration problem

Hello Users,

                 I tried to configure the repository.xml but it is behaving
differently. Please have a look at my problem.

I' m in the process of providing authentication to the repository. Till now
what i have done is i went through the Jaas Authentication tutorials from
"http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jaas/tutorials/GeneralAcnOnly.html"
please have a look. From there i got some sample programs so that i can
first test the authentication on my repository. I tried SampleAcn.java(a
sample program in tutorials and firstly i executed they ran according to
given tutorial) and then i tried to run them on web application and for that
I made changes in the security part of the repository.xml file that is
<Security>
<LoginModule class="${rep.home}/sample/SampleAcn">
          <!-- anonymous user name ('anonymous' is the default value)-->

           <!--
              administrator user id (default value if param is missing is
'admin')
            -->

        </LoginModule>
</Security>

and as i have  already asked about the configuration of repository.xml
http://www.nabble.com/Security-Configurations-in-Repository.xml-td25040955.html

but now my problem is when goto
http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.5.6/repository/default
then it ask password and earlier it used to take any user name or password
but after i made changes to the repository.xml then its not taking any user
name or password.
tried everything even those user name and passwords those given in sample
programs

Now tell where i made mistake
I' m stuck on this problem

Thanks in advance for any kind message following.

Re: Repository.xml configuration problem

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:25 AM, simer anand<si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...] For that i made some repository.xml configuration changes
> <security>
> <LoginModule class = sample.SampleAcn>
> </security>

Why do you use the SampleAcn class in the configuration? It's not a
LoginModule, so Jackrabbit correctly throws the "Invalid login module
implementation" error.

See the relevant Jackrabbit documentation [1] for more details.

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html#JackrabbitConfiguration-Securityconfiguration

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Repository.xml configuration problem

Posted by simer anand <si...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 9:20 AM, simer anand<si...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Exception in thread "main" javax.jcr.LoginException: Invalid login module
> > implementation class sample.SampleAcn.
> > [...]
> > it means still my problem is not resolved  and i' m not able to proceed
> so
> > please help me out
>
> The sample.SampleAcn class does not implement the
> javax.security.auth.spi.LoginModule interface.
>
> The JAAS tutorial that you're following also contains a
> SampleLoginModule class that's probably more like what you're looking
> for.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Hello Jukka Zitting,

                                       Actually i' m totally following the
JAAS tutorials only there i found a bunch of programs(SampleAcn.java,
SampleLoginModule.java  PrincipalModule.java ) i had already tested them
they were fine as an standalone but the problem is in implementing them in
jackrabbit. For that i made some repository.xml configuration changes
<security>
<LoginModule class = sample.SampleAcn>
</security>

and for this i made a jar file consisting of all sample Java  files  into a
jar file which i placed in the classpath.

Re: Repository.xml configuration problem

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by simer anand <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello Users and Alex,

                I just created jar file of mine LoginModule class files and
then placed them on them the classpath and also in the tomcat6.0/lib
directory and then i started Tomcat server then i went to
http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.5.6/repository/default then GUI
appears for username and password that is Jackrabbit Webdav Server and
anything you enter that won't be accepted .

Then i compiled and executed the FirstHop Program as listed

import org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.repository.*;
import javax.jcr.Repository;
import javax.jcr.Session;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository;
public class FirstHop {
        Repository repository = new
URLRemoteRepository("http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.5.6/rmi");
	session session = repository.login();
	try{
            String user = session.getUserID();
            String name =
repository.getDescriptor(Repository.REP_NAME_DESC);
            System.out.println(
                   "Logged in as " + user + " to a " + name + "
repository.");
	   } finally {
           session.logout();
        } } }

but the same  Exception is coming up

Exception in thread "main" javax.jcr.LoginException: Invalid login module
implementation class sample.SampleAcn.: Invalid login module implementation
class sample.SampleAcn.
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerObject.getRepositoryException(ServerObject.java:116)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerRepository.login(ServerRepository.java:107)
        at
        at
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:255)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:233)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerRepository_Stub.login(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepository.login(ClientRepository.java:107)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.repository.ProxyRepository.login(ProxyRepository.java:90)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.AbstractRepository.login(AbstractRepository.java:41)
        at FirstHop.main(FirstHop.java:22)

it means still my problem is not resolved  and i' m not able to proceed so
please help me out.
Thanks

Re: Repository.xml configuration problem

Posted by simer anand <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello Alex and Users,
                                 I have this SampleAcn.java file which
instantiate the LoginContext(LC)  and then  while  instantiating the LC a
parameter is passed called "sample" and  that is the entry for jaas
configuration file and that contains path to my LoginModule implementing
class .

Now when i execute this SampleAcn file that instantiate the LC
independently(without connected with repository) then its totally fine. And
ask for username and passwor.

Now when i used to connect with repository then i used to make this changes
in security portion of the repository.xml .
<security><LoginModule=sample.SampleAcn>
</LoginModule></security>

and sample is kept in %CATALINA_HOME's/lib directory

1. Now is it a correct way to configure the  security section of
repository.xml
2. How come Implementation of Login Module can be wrong if it is executing
independently without being connected to the repository.
3.
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html#JackrabbitConfiguration-Securityconfiguration
The above link is not feeding up to the mark.

Thank you .

Re: Repository.xml configuration problem

Posted by simer anand <si...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:31 AM, simer anand<si...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Exception in thread "main" javax.jcr.LoginException: Invalid login module
> > implementation class sample.SampleAcn.: Invalid login module
> implementation
> > class sample.SampleAcn.
>
> It looks like the class is not implementing the proper LoginModule
> interface.
>

> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html#JackrabbitConfiguration-Securityconfiguration

Hello Alex
Thanks for reply

3*. http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html#JackrabbitConfiguration-Securityconfiguration
*

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:31 AM, simer anand<si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Exception in thread "main" javax.jcr.LoginException: Invalid login module
> implementation class sample.SampleAcn.: Invalid login module implementation
> class sample.SampleAcn.

It looks like the class is not implementing the proper LoginModule interface.

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html#JackrabbitConfiguration-Securityconfiguration

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: Repository.xml configuration problem

Posted by simer anand <si...@gmail.com>.

simer anand wrote:

> [...]
>> and all its webapps. Have a look at the tomcat documentation.
>>
>> Hello Users and Alex,
>
>                                       Ok i kept my programs into the
> $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory but still nothing is happening and when i
> used
> to execute the FirstHop program that used to communicate with the
> repository
> using rmi is now giving following exception :
>
> *[sda_tr1@cad44 testing]$ javac FirstHop.java
> [sda_tr1@cad44 testing]$ java -cp ${CLASSPATH}:. FirstHop
> Exception in thread "main" javax.jcr.LoginException: Invalid login module
> implementation class sample.SampleAcn.: Invalid login module
> implementation
> class sample.SampleAcn.
>         at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerObject.getRepositoryException(ServerObject.java:116)
>         at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerRepository.login(ServerRepository.java:107)
>         at
>         at
>         at
> sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
>         at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:159)
>         at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
>         at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
>         at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
>         at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
>         at
>         at
>         at
> sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:255)
>         at
> sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:233)
>         at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:142)
>         at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerRepository_Stub.login(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepository.login(ClientRepository.java:107)
>         at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.repository.ProxyRepository.login(ProxyRepository.java:90)
>         at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.AbstractRepository.login(AbstractRepository.java:41)
>         at FirstHop.main(FirstHop.java:22)
> *
>
> and when i used to log to
> http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.5.6/repository/default then  the
> same gui appears but nothing happens after giving any username or password
> still stuck on this problem need your help . am i going wrong or what.
> any guidance will be helpful
>
> Thanks in advance for any following reply

Also my bean configuration is :

Posted by simer anand <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.

Posted by simer anand <si...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 7:24 AM, simer anand<si...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Here is the error i get:
> > Exception in thread "main" javax.jcr.LoginException: Configured bean
> > implementation class sample.SampleAcn was not found.: sample.SampleAcn:
> > Configured bean implementation class sample.LoginModule was not found.:
> > sample.SampleLoginModule

Hello Alex,

> I have visited apache's repository configuration page but didn't
understood
> anything.

BTW, it's Apache *Jackrabbit*, one Apache community project out of
> many, not "the Apache repository".

sorry about that mistake but i hope you got what i wanted to ask .

> As I noted, your class must be in Jackrabbit's/the webapps class path.
>
> my class is within apache-tomcat6.0/bin/Jackrabbit/ folder . is it right
or wrong?

well i' m stuck in this situation and i don't any knowledge how to do this
and how to configure the jackrabbit's repository.xml

Re: Repository.xml configuration problem

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.

Posted by simer anand <si...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM, simer anand<si...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > <LoginModule class="${rep.home}/sample/SampleAcn">
>
> This looks weird. Do you see any errors in the log upon startup of
> Jackrabbit that say something like the login module could not be
> loaded?
>
> AFAIK only qualified class names can be used here, eg.
> "sample.SampleAcn", and your class must be in Jackrabbit's/the webapps
> class path.
>
> Regards,
> Alex

Thanks Alex
For your reply

                       Here is a little detail of my problem.
                       I started tomcat6.0 and then made jackrabbit1.5.6.
running into it and when i logged  to "
http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.5.6/repository/default" it gives
an GUI asking for username and password and then you enter any thing it
won't do anything simply it will again show its GUI. Then tried to execute
the FirstHop program which is connected to the repository through RMI then i
get an error that is sample.LoginModule not found although i' m having the
program file and related files in the jackrabbit folder within webapps.

Here is the error i get:
Exception in thread "main" javax.jcr.LoginException: Configured bean
implementation class sample.SampleAcn was not found.: sample.SampleAcn:
Configured bean implementation class sample.LoginModule was not found.:
sample.SampleLoginModule

Can you/anyone help me with this bean configuration
I have visited apache's repository configuration page but didn't understood
anything.

Thanks in advance for kind reply following
simer

Re: Repository.xml configuration problem

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.