Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Durity, Sean R" <SE...@homedepot.com> on 2019/02/26 14:26:11 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Question on changing node IP address

This has not been my experience. Changing IP address is one of the worst admin tasks for Cassandra. System.peers and other information on each nodes is stored by ip address. And gossip is really good at sending around the old information mixed with new…

Sean Durity

Posted by Oleksandr Shulgin <ol...@zalando.de>.
On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 3:26 PM Durity, Sean R <SE...@homedepot.com>
wrote:

> This has not been my experience. Changing IP address is one of the worst
> admin tasks for Cassandra. System.peers and other information on each nodes
> is stored by ip address. And gossip is really good at sending around the
> old information mixed with new…

Hm, on which version was it?  I might be biased not having worked with
anything but 3.0 since recently.

--
Alex