Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@apache.org> on 2019/02/14 16:26:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Parquet 1.11.0 RC4

Dear Parquet Users and Developers,

I propose the following RC to be released as the official Apache
Parquet 1.11.0 release:

The commit id is 22a9f54d0a537bc6153cc485a3ed6fab9204b337
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-parquet-1.11.0
*
https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/tree/22a9f54d0a537bc6153cc485a3ed6fab9204b337

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/apache-parquet-1.11.0-rc4/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/KEYS

Binary artifacts are staged in Nexus here:
*
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/parquet/parquet/1.11.0/

This release includes the following new features:

- PARQUET-1201 - Column indexes
- PARQUET-1253 - Support for new logical type representation
- PARQUET-1381 - Add merge blocks command to parquet-tools
- PARQUET-1388 - Nanosecond precision time and timestamp - parquet-mr

The release also includes bug fixes, including:

- PARQUET-1472: Dictionary filter fails on FIXED_LEN_BYTE_ARRAY.
- PARQUET-1510: Fix notEq for optional columns with null values. (#603)

Please download, verify, and test. The vote will be open for at least 72
hours.

Thanks,
Gabor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet 1.11.0 RC4

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Ryan for drawing my attention to this issue. Not sure if it could
be occurred before the page row count limit but definitely it increases the
likeliness to happen. So it is a regression.
BTW, we already have a parquet issue about it: PARQUET-1531
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-1531>

The vote for this RC has failed before it even started. :)

I'll try to fix this issue and start a new RC.

Cheers,
Gabor

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

--