Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2015/11/08 21:02:41 UTC

Nexus for CI

Hi,

I would like to add a nexus for speeding up the build process. Do anyone has the credentials for starting a nexus container instance ?

Olaf

Re: Nexus for CI

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Send me your public ssh key so that i can grant your access right to ci
master. You can start a nexus instance on 8080 port.
2015年11月9日 上午11:20於 "Roman Shaposhnik" <ro...@shaposhnik.org>寫道:

> Olaf, could you please elaborate a little bit about your proposed
> usage of Nexus?
>
> Also, why not smt. like Artifactory? Just curious...
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to add a nexus for speeding up the build process. Do anyone
> has the credentials for starting a nexus container instance ?
> >
> > Olaf

Re: Nexus for CI

Posted by ri...@reactor8.com.

	This looks like a puppet module that can be used for nexus
https://github.com/hubspotdevops/puppet-nexus
On puppetforge it has 60,000 downloads and was just updated on Nov 3rd
- Rich

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: Nexus for CI

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi Roman,

We have the problem that we have intermediate networking problems while downloading massive amounts of packages each compile step.

I like to propose to place a Artifact caching server within the build infrastructure and direct maven to use it.

Below you will find part of an edited client side .m2/settings.xml to be used with the nexus config I use.

Why not artifactory ? I haven't used i until now. I tried archiva.apache.org and nexus OSS . Both work. Nexus config seems to me a bit better to handle.

Olaf

----
<settings>
  <mirrors>
    <mirror>
      <id>conjars</id>
      <name>nexus conjars</name>
      <url>http://xxx:8081/nexus/content/repositories/conjars/</url>
      <mirrorOf>conjars</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>
    <mirror>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>nexus central</name>
      <url>http://xxx:8081/nexus/content/repositories/central/</url>
      <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>
     <mirror>
      <id>repository.jboss.org</id>
      <name>nexus jboss</name>
      <url>http://xxx::8081/nexus/content/repositories/repository.jboss.org/</url>
      <mirrorOf>repository.jboss.org</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>
    <mirror>
      <id>apache snapshot</id>
      <name>apache snapshot</name>
      <url>http://xxx:8081/nexus/content/repositories/apache_snapshots/</url>
      <mirrorOf>apache snapshot</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>

    <mirror>
      <id>apache https snapshot</id>
      <url>http://xxx::8081/nexus/content/repositories/apache_snapshots/</url>
      <mirrorOf>apache.snapshots.https</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>
  </mirrors>
</settings>

Re: Nexus for CI

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: Nexus for CI

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
That'd be pretty cool just as we discussed! Will solve some of our intermittent
issues where artifacts can not be downloaded ...

Thanks!