Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com> on 2011/02/17 10:12:59 UTC

How-to disable caching for Cocoon2.2 completely

Hi all,

I was just wondering if it is possible to completely disable caching of components.  I have severe issues lately with wrong content being shown and the only way to resolve these issues is by deleting the tomcat/work/catalina/localhost folder and doing a restart.

I would like to check out the performance without any caching and check if I can live with it... if so it will at least solve my corrupted cache issue.

I sincerely look forward to any advise.

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers

Re: How-to disable caching for Cocoon2.2 completely

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> You can switch off caching per pipeline. There is a non-caching
> pipeline. Please don't ask me for details though - too long ago :-)

These Cocoon 2.1 docs are probably still relevant:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/caching.html

And try search:
 site:cocoon.apache.org/2.2 caching
 site:wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ caching

-David

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com>.
Hi Javier,

I implemented the noncaching by default and i will deploy to our production server soon... I'll keep you informed if it resolves my issues.   I think performance is still quite ok...

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers

> I was just wondering if it is possible to completely disable caching of
> components.  I have severe issues lately with wrong content being shown and
> the only way to resolve these issues is by deleting the
> tomcat/work/catalina/localhost folder and doing a restart.

To disable the cache you only need to configure the pipelines as type
"noncaching". You can configure the default type too in your sitemap.xmap
file.

<map:components>
  <map:pipes default="noncaching">
    your pipe declarations ...
  </map:pipes>

Also you can remove the cache without clean the work directory:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/1006_1_1.html
Your problems with the content can be related to a bad caching
implementation, you should review your custom components caching strategy.

> I would like to check out the performance without any caching and check if
> I can live with it... if so it will at least solve my corrupted cache issue.

The performance without caching it's not very good. I recommend you to use
caching if you can with an Apache HTTPD or SQUID acting as proxy cache. I
got good results with this solution.

> I sincerely look forward to any advise.

Salu2.

Posted by Javier Puerto <jp...@gmail.com>.