Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by KaktuChakarabati <ji...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/24 23:29:00 UTC

Deduplication in 1.4

Hey,
I've been trying to find some documentation on using this feature in 1.4 but
Wiki page is alittle sparse..
In specific, here's what i'm trying to do:

I have a field, say 'duplicate_group_id' that i'll populate based on some
offline documents deduplication process I have.

All I want is for solr to compute a 'duplicate_signature' field based on
this one at update time, so that when i search for documents later, all
documents with same original 'duplicate_group_id' value will be rolled up
(e.g i'll just get the first one that came back  according to relevancy).

I enabled the deduplication processor and put it into updater, but i'm not
seeing any difference in returned results (i.e results with same
duplicate_id are returned separately..)

is there anything i need to supply in query-time for this to take effect?
what should be the behaviour? is there any working example of this?

Anything will be helpful..

Thanks,
Chak

Re: Deduplication in 1.4

Posted by Martijn v Groningen <ma...@gmail.com>.
Two sites that use field-collapsing:
1) www.ilocal.nl
2) www.welke.nl
I'm not sure what you mean with double-tripping? The sites mentioned
do not have performance problems that are caused by field collapsing.

Field-collapsing currently only supports quasi distributed
field-collapsing (as I have described on the Solr wiki). Currently I
don't know a distributed field-collapsing algorithm that works
properly and does not influence the search time in such a way that the
search becomes slow.

Martijn

Re: Deduplication in 1.4

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Martijn,

Re: Deduplication in 1.4

Posted by Martijn v Groningen <ma...@gmail.com>.
Field collapsing has been used by many in their production
environment. The last few months the stability of the patch grew as

Re: Deduplication in 1.4

Posted by KaktuChakarabati <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hey Otis,

Re: Deduplication in 1.4