Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Denim Live <de...@yahoo.com> on 2010/08/07 15:57:56 UTC

Finding the datanode ID

Hi all,

For some odd processing situation, I want to determine in each map and reduce
task the node ID of the physical node on which a record is being processed. Is
it possible to determine the node ID programmatically?

Re: Finding the datanode ID

Posted by Ken Goodhope <ke...@gmail.com>.
You can use java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost to determine what node
you are working on.