Posted to dev@annotator.apache.org by Randall Leeds <ra...@apache.org> on 2018/01/09 19:31:33 UTC

Re: Want to use annotator library soon. ETA to push it to npm?

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 1:44 PM Oliver Sauter <ol...@worldbrain.io> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> In January we want to start implementing the direct linking features á la
> Hypothesis (including the proxy) to use it as a viral loop in the
> WorldBrain extension. (As we can expose users to the Memex, that don’t use
> it beforehand)
>
> Spoke to Gerben on the weekend, he showed me his demo <
> https://temp.treora.com/annotator-demo/index.html> of the new annotator.
> Great stuff, exactly what we would need.

Glad to hear it!

> Also just had a chat with Benjamin and he said that we need to push the
> code to NPM so we can use it as a proper dependency.
> He mentioned that its @Randall’s domain to get that rolling.

I did some hacking over the weekend and mostly have the packaging in place.
It still needs to be tested and there are one or two tweaks.

Is there any ETA for that @Randall?

I don't like to make promises, especially for open source work that has to
fit into my unstructured time, but at this point a target date might help
kick things out the door.

We can always release early and often, as the saying goes.

Let's aim for something by the end of the month.

> Would be awesome if we can use it as soon as possible and push it to our
> users.
> Great work so far!

Thank you! And thanks to Benjamin and Gerben, too!