Posted to users@camel.apache.org by falcon <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/27 00:55:23 UTC

FIX protocol not in the M2 snapshot?

I just downloaded the latest Caml snapshot and there doesn't seem to be a
camel-fix*.jar or camel-quickfixj*.jar in the lib directory.  My
undertstanding is that someone contributed a patch a few months ago.  Has it
not been integrated yet?

Thanks

Re: FIX protocol not in the M2 snapshot?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
camel-quickfix will be improved in Camel 2.1.

There is a JIRA ticket about this. And with comments and ideas of
areas to improve.

Please feel free to comment your needs on this ticket.
And use to votes in JIRA to help let us know what the community would like.

And any help is appreciated in this matter.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 5:27 AM, falcon<sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks,
> I saw this earlier today, it looks like once I have a FIX message, I can use
> bindy to process it.  In other words, I have to handle everything at or
> below session level.  My understanding was that a top level Quickfix patch
> was going to be part of Camel, rather than a (mostly) generic key/value
> processor.
>
> Is this the expected level of integration with FIX or is more substantial
> support expected at a later time?
What ideas do you have in mind?

> Again, thanks for the reply
>

> hzbarcea wrote:
>>
>> The component you need is camel-bindy, and the documentation is
>> available at [1].
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Hadrian
>>
>> [1] http://camel.apache.org/bindy.html
>>

>> On Jun 26, 2009, at 6:55 PM, falcon wrote:
>>

>>> I just downloaded the latest Caml snapshot and there doesn't seem to
>>> be a
>>> camel-fix*.jar or camel-quickfixj*.jar in the lib directory.  My
>>> undertstanding is that someone contributed a patch a few months
>>> ago.  Has it
>>> not been integrated yet?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> --

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: FIX protocol not in the M2 snapshot?

Posted by falcon <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.