Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by João Nelas <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/15 18:30:12 UTC

Highlighting with a default copy field with EdgeNGramFilterFactory

Hi,

I have a defaultSearch field that's also the target of a copyField with
source="*".

If I do a wildcard search "q=sas*" I get a match on all docs that have any
word starting with "sas" and I get a separate highlight for every field
where there is a match (using "hl=on&hl.fl=*").

This is great!

But now I would like to insert an EdgeNGramFilterFactory on that field, so
that I can instead do "q=sas" without the wildcard.

When I do that, I get the match but no highlights.

Is there something different that I need to do to get highlighting?

Re: Highlighting with a default copy field with EdgeNGramFilterFactory

Posted by João Nelas <jo...@gmail.com>.
I found out the solution!

I needed to also add an EdgeNGramFilterFactory to the fields that are the
source of the copyField.
That got the highlighting working again.