Posted to wsrf-dev@ws.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/05 15:05:40 UTC

WS Spring Cleanup

Folks,

We need to mothball quite a few things and cleanup. Note that if we
need to revive any of them at a later date, we most certainly can if
the needs arises (and community is formed).

Here's a proposal/rationale:

- Pubscribe/WSRF got folded into Muse.
- FX: remove remaining traces (mailing list)
- Mirae: There's absolutely no community here nor any releases.
- EWS: There's absolutely no community here nor any releases.
- SOAP: Check the email/svn traffic. People still using this can still
be helped on general@ws.
- Addressing: We have never made a release, Only Kandula1 uses it. We
may as well shut this down, if kandula1 folks need it, they can copy
it over and change the package if they want.

Action Items:

#1) Redirect the following to general@ws

addressing-dev
ews-dev
fx-dev
fx-user
mirae-dev
mirae-user
pubscribe-commits
pubscribe-dev
pubscribe-user
soap-dev
soap-user
wsrf-commits
wsrf-dev
wsrf-user

#2) Archive Web sites and setup redirects

/addressing
/ews
/mirae
/pubscribe
/soap
/wsrf
/namespaces

#3) Move code to archives

addressing/
ews/
mirae/
pubscribe/
soap/
wsrf/

#4) Remove JIRA projects

Addressing  (ADDR)
ews  (EWS)
Mirae  (MIRAE)
Pubscribe  (HERMES)
SOAP  (SOAP)
WSRF  (APOLLO)

Re: WS Spring Cleanup

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: WS Spring Cleanup

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 3/5/07, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a proposal/rationale:

+1

Re: WS Spring Cleanup

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dims,

On 3/5/07, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> We need to mothball quite a few things and cleanup. Note that if we
> need to revive any of them at a later date, we most certainly can if
> the needs arises (and community is formed).
>
> Here's a proposal/rationale:
>
> - Pubscribe/WSRF got folded into Muse.
> - FX: remove remaining traces (mailing list)
> - Mirae: There's absolutely no community here nor any releases.
> - EWS: There's absolutely no community here nor any releases.
> - SOAP: Check the email/svn traffic. People still using this can still
> be helped on general@ws.
> - Addressing: We have never made a release, Only Kandula1 uses it. We
> may as well shut this down, if kandula1 folks need it, they can copy
> it over and change the package if they want.

I think this is used by Sandesha1 as well.

Chamikara

Action Items:

Re: WS Spring Cleanup

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.