Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rapheal Kaplan <ra...@adone.com> on 2000/05/03 01:30:59 UTC

Re: Cocoon 1.7 with WebLogic 5.1.0.

	Here is what I have discovered thus far when trying to get cocoon to run on
Weblogic 5.  Mind you I am still working on Beta2 as I do not yet trust the
releases.

	First, I recommend running cocoon as a servlet under a web application.
That seems to work a little nicer and more compact.  Problem with that is
Weblogic does not seem to allow web applications (under servlet 2.2 spec) to
map patterns to servlets.  So under a given web application, I can not map
*.xml to the cocoon servlet.  Of course, you can map *.xml in the
weblogic.properties file, but then you would access the servlet without the
benefit of being under a web application (I believe you get servlet context
problems if it is not).  To remedy this, I used the proxy servlet to
re-route all requests with *.xml to a proper application/servlet name.
Example:

weblogic.httpd.register.*.xml=weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpProxyServlet
weblogic.httpd.initArgs.*.xml=redirectURL=http://myserv.myorg.org:7001/theap
p/cocoon

> Wellllll...... come to find out it's not *completely* working yet. The XSP
> examples don't work but the problem looks fixable for someone who knows a
little
> more about XSP. I just get a bunch of "class not found" messages when it
tries
> to compile the page (see below). But, everything else works, including
invoking
> Cocoon from a servlet. This is on Winduhs NT by the way.
>
> Let me start with a disclaimer... I still consider myself a newbie at all
this
> so I won't even try to explain the "why" part of how this worked and I
apologize
> for the narrative.
>
> For simple processing, setup was pretty easy. But I had to be able to
invoke
> Cocoon directly as well from a servlet for an application I'm doing. I
spent
> most of my time just trying to mix and match versions of the JARs to get
this to
> work. I could *not* get Cocoon 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 to work!? Just the right
> combination of JARs is what got me going. Rather than ramble, here's
excerpts
> from my startweblogic.cmd file, weblogic.properties, and that XSP error I
still
> get.
>
> Look at the JAR names in weblogic.cmd to determine the versions I ended up
> using. Maybe this will be helpful to someone. Good luck. Let me know if
anyone
> knows what the XSP problem may be.

Rapheal Kaplan			rafe@adone.com
AdOne, LLC