Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <ai...@google.com.INVALID> on 2019/05/23 20:11:36 UTC

Fwd: GSoD - Technical Writer

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Dashamir Hoxha <da...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 23, 2019 at 6:00 AM
Subject: GSoD - Technical Writer
To: <ai...@google.com>

Dear Airflow mentors,

I would like to participate on GSoD as a technical writer and I am looking
at the organizations and their project ideas.

I don't have any experience with Apache Airflow, so most of the project
ideas that you have listed could be a bit difficult for me, because I would
first have to learn very well how to use Airflow, its concepts, etc.
Someone from your community (who is already familiar with Airflow) could be
a better candidate.

However I may be able to work on the first project idea (Document Apache
Airflow Architecture), or the fifth one (Document using local development
environments).

I am appending (at the end of the message) some links to my previous
documentation works, so that you can have a better idea about me and my
experience. I would highlight this one: http://dashohoxha.fs.al/sshtunnels/,
which I believe demonstrates that I can explain in a simple way concepts
that are complex and difficult to understand.

Please let me know what you think and which project you would suggest me,
if you would like to work with me. Also please let me know if you think
that my profile is not suitable for your projects, or is not what you
expect, or there are already other technical writers interested in your
projects that you would prefer over me. This would help me focus on other
organizations and projects where I might be more useful.

Thanks for your time and feedback.
Dashamir Hoxha

- CV

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1InX4E4t-zvk0bGmJTxR3JmXuq7dNJaLW/view?usp=sharing

- Linux Desktop in a Container
  http://dashohoxha.fs.al/linux-desktop-in-a-container/

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/332469806_Linux_Desktop_In_a_Container

- Building SSH Tunnels
  http://dashohoxha.fs.al/sshtunnels/

- B-Translator API Reference:
  http://info.btranslator.org/api/

- B-Translator API Examples:
  http://info.btranslator.org/api-examples-js/

- B-Translator as a Software Engineering Project
  http://dashohoxha.fs.al/btranslator-project/

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317177032_B-Translator_as_a_Software_Engineering_Project

- Using Drupal Features in B-Translator:

http://info.btranslator.org/docs/html/using-drupal-features-in-btranslator.html

- LTSP Scenarios
  http://dashohoxha.fs.al/ltsp-scenarios/

- LTSP Usecases
  http://dashohoxha.fs.al/ltsp-use-cases/

- LTSP Server with LinuxMint 18.3 Xfce
  http://dashohoxha.fs.al/ltsp-pnp/

- Managing Internet Connections With PPPoE, Mikrotik and Radius

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/321686187_Managing_Internet_Connections_With_PPPoE_Mikrotik_and_Radius

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/315829222_Managing_Internet_Connections_With_PPPoE_Mikrotik_and_Radius

- Managing HotSpot Clients With Freeradius

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317180708_Managing_HotSpot_Clients_With_FreeRadius

- Building a Gateway Server

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317181126_Building_a_Gateway_Server

- Using SugarCE for SME

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317177150_Using_SugarCE_For_the_Needs_of_Small_and_Medium_Enterprises

Re: GSoD - Technical Writer

Posted by Dashamir Hoxha <da...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 7:33 AM Kamil Breguła <ka...@polidea.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am very happy that you want to work with us. If you do not have
> experience with Airflow then describing architecture will be the best
> project for you.
>
> I am happy with your experience. I think it suits this project well.
> An attached article about SSH interested me. It simply explains the
> essence of the problem. If you want to expand this article, I think
> it's worth adding information about the assh project[1].
>
> If you have further questions, I invite you to the slack
> apache-airflow[2]. On "documentation" channel, we discuss issues
> related to documentation and the GSoD project.
>
> Thanks
>
> [1] - https://github.com/moul/assh
> [2] - https://apache-airflow-slack.herokuapp.com/

Thanks for your support (and sorry for my delayed reply).

The assh project seems interesting, I had never seen it before.
However I did not notice that it has any support about ssh tunneling or
port forwarding.

Regards,
Dashamir

Re: GSoD - Technical Writer

Posted by Kamil Breguła <ka...@polidea.com>.
Hello,

I am very happy that you want to work with us. If you do not have
experience with Airflow then describing architecture will be the best
project for you.

I am happy with your experience. I think it suits this project well.
An attached article about SSH interested me. It simply explains the
essence of the problem. If you want to expand this article, I think
it's worth adding information about the assh project[1].

If you have further questions, I invite you to the slack
apache-airflow[2]. On "documentation" channel, we discuss issues
related to documentation and the GSoD project.

Thanks

[1] - https://github.com/moul/assh
[2] - https://apache-airflow-slack.herokuapp.com/

--

Kamil Breguła
Polidea | Software Engineer

M: +48 505 458 451
E: kamil.bregula@polidea.com

We create human & business stories through technology.
Check out our projects!