Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by John Smith <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/13 20:29:08 UTC

JanusGraph

Google, IBM, Hortonworks, and other companies have just decided to back
Janus Graph, a scalable Graph DB.  It is essentially a continuation of
Titan DB (if you are familiar with Titan).
http://janusgraph.org/

I wonder if it would make sense to create an Accumulo backend
implementation for Janus, and a SPARQL extension.  Such additions would
largely make Janus equivalent to Rya (less cell level security).  As Janus
already supports Casandra and since Casandra and Accumulo are rather
similar, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to do.  Also there already
exists a SPARQL extension for Titan, we would simply need to update and
extend it for the latest version of Janus.  What are your thoughts?