Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rob Kramer <ro...@starhub.net.sg> on 2003/12/14 13:59:03 UTC

cvs2svn tags and cheap copies.

Hia,

I'm converting a cvs repository to svn. I noticed cvs2svn creates /tags that
contain several dozens of tags used in the cvs repository. Now I'm a bit
confused whether it would be worthwhile filtering 80% of old tags from the
dumpfile. Are tags created by cvs2svn still 'cheap copies', or are they
full-fledged trees?

[this question may prove I don't understand cheap copies after all :)]

Cheers,

    Rob

--
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
    .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Re: cvs2svn tags and cheap copies.

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Rob Kramer <ro...@starhub.net.sg> writes:
> I'm converting a cvs repository to svn. I noticed cvs2svn creates /tags that
> contain several dozens of tags used in the cvs repository. Now I'm a bit
> confused whether it would be worthwhile filtering 80% of old tags from the
> dumpfile. Are tags created by cvs2svn still 'cheap copies', or are they
> full-fledged trees?
>
> [this question may prove I don't understand cheap copies after all :)]

They're cheap copies.