Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net> on 2003/02/17 17:49:06 UTC

When to commit Struts-EL changes for #16749 (setter/reuse problem)

As I said earlier, I have finished making the changes locally for #16749 (the
problem with incorrect use of attribute setters wrt to tag handler reuse), and
I've tested them in Tomcat.  Mark Abbott, the original reporter for this bug,
has tested the fix in Resin, where he saw the problem.

A vote was taken for the disposition of this bug and it was decided to commit
these changes "post 1.1".  What should I do here?  If I truly need to wait
until "post 1.1" to commit these changes, do we have an estimate of when the
"1.1" tag will be dropped?

Re: When to commit Struts-EL changes for #16749 (setter/reuse problem)

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
If you're confident that it's a righteous patch, and you have the
wherewithal, I'd say get it in before midnight tonight =:0)

Otherwise, David, the honest truth is that any estimate of when 1.1 RC
might convert to 1.1 final is going be about as reliable as a stock
prediction =:)

-T.

--
Ted Husted,