Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Andy Paul <ap...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/07/09 22:45:44 UTC

[JELLY]Conditional Ant Tasks

Hi,
    I want to replace some of my Ant scripts to jelly ones so that I can
process failures accurately.
    I would like to run Ant tasks like Javac in a jelly script and then
take different actions if it fails.

    Should I use jelly:core:if ? If so how do I receive the success/fail
of the ant task?
    Ideally I'd like to incorporate some work flow but this seems to
have disappeared from the jelly tag library
since I last looked at it
    Thanks for your help
       Andy Paul

Re: [JELLY]Conditional Ant Tasks

Posted by Andy Paul <ap...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi,
    Sorry for the initial post, after deeper investigation of Ant I
realised tasks either finish or throw exceptions, hence;

     <j:catch var="exception">
          <a:javac srcdir="${src}"
             destdir="${build}"
             debug="on"