Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Luhtala Santeri <Sa...@profitsoftware.com> on 2008/12/19 14:44:42 UTC

[Trinidad] How to get out of Trinidad dialog scope with multiple dialogs

We have a problem with getting out of dialog scope. The situation is as follows:

Mainpage.jspx -> Dialog1.jspx -> Dialog2.jspx

Now in the Dialog2 the user clicks a link and we need to redirect out of the JSF app to another web app and for that we want to get back to Mainpage.
We can get out of the Dialog2 scope(calling returnFromDialog) but how to get out of Dialog1 scope programmatically without any user input(submit) at that point. So in other words we want out of both dialogs scope with one submit.

Santeri

Re: [Trinidad] How to get out of Trinidad dialog scope with multiple dialogs

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.
For each dialog that is created, returnFromDialog needs to be called.
I suggest to only create one dialog and then just chang the view in
that dialog for the subsequent ones. This way, you don't have to keep
track of the nesting level and just need to call returnFromDialog once
to get out.

Richard

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 10, 2009, at 10:31 PM, Luhtala Santeri <Santeri.Luhtala@profitsoftware.com

Posted by Luhtala Santeri <Sa...@profitsoftware.com>.
Hmm. Raising this old issue into discussion again...

It does not work this way. Calling the returnFromDialog again does not have any affect. To my understanding there needs to be a submit from the 'parent' dialog in order to close it by calling returnFromDialog.

Any other suggestions? Is there any elegant way to achieve the functionality we want?

Call returnFromDialog again right after you call returnFromDialog for
Dialog 2. Or, you might be able to initiate Dialog1 and navigate to the
second page as a regular view as opposed to opening another dialog. It
would appear in the same window as dialog1. Then you would only need to

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.