Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> on 2007/01/03 14:29:49 UTC

installed modules

Is it necessary or desirable for all of the ModPerl::* modules bundled
with mod_perl to be installed?  Many of these are very specific to the
mod_perl build process and would seem to have little or no use to
anything external.

I've been looking at this w.r.t the Fedora mod_perl package; the list of
stuff which could be trimmed I came up with was:

trimmods="ModPerl::Code ModPerl::BuildMM ModPerl::CScan \
          ModPerl::TestRun ModPerl::Config ModPerl::WrapXS \
          ModPerl::BuildOptions ModPerl::Manifest \
          ModPerl::MapUtil ModPerl::StructureMap \
          ModPerl::TypeMap ModPerl::FunctionMap ModPerl::MM \
          ModPerl::ParseSource \
          Apache2::Build Apache2::ParseSource Apache2::BuildConfig"

Regards,

joe