Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by One Box <on...@tabtonic.com> on 2014/02/11 15:01:53 UTC

Wiki Editing

I wanted to contribute to the Wiki tonight, but once I created an account
it shows that all of the pages are immutable.

I never did receive an email confirmation, but it did allow me to log in.

After reading through some of the help documentation, I saw that with some
ASF projects you have to be added to a list of Wiki Editors manually in
order to prevent spam.

I'm wondering if someone wouldn't mind adding my user to the list so I can
add my (small) contribution to the project.

My login name is SteveKallestad.

There is a page that spells out instructions for building from source on
Windows.  I struggled a bit building  on Ubuntu.  I documented the process
and I'd like to add it.

Additionally, I'd like to help update the maven site documentation to add
some clarity, but I know I'll have to look into how to get going on that
side of the street.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the process there would
be to submit bugs with a patch into Jira, and there is probably a utility
somewhere that I can run which will ensure that whatever changes I propose
meet the project standards.

Any help to get me going is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Wiki Editing

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Steve,

(-user@)

Sorry on the delay, missed this one. You should be all set now - do
report problems here, if any. Thanks!

--
Harsh J

RE: Wiki Editing