Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2013/10/31 16:02:35 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.0 RC2 as 2.0

Development on Pool 2 is complete and a review of the remaining DBCP
bugs has not highlighted any that are likely to trigger significant API
changes in Pool so it is time for a release.

 The Pool 2.0 RC2 is available for review here:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/ (r3386)

 Maven artifacts are here:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-050/

 Details of changes since 1.6 are in the release notes and changelog:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/commons-pool-2.0-RC2/changes-report.html

 The tag is here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/pool/tags/POOL_2_0_RC2/
  (r 1537505)

 Site:
  http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/commons-pool-2.0-RC2
  (Broken links to Javadoc versions expected)

 KEYS:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

  Please review the release candidate and vote.
  This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Cheers,

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.0 RC2 as 2.0

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
BTW, why are we not using Java 6's LinkedBlockingDeque instead of our
custom LinkedBlockingDeque?

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.0 RC2 as 2.0

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 11/2/13 3:41 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 11/1/13 5:53 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 01/11/2013 12:27, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
>>> Hello Mark,
>>>
>>> again building with:
>> Thanks again for the testing.
>>
>>> Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a; 2013-09-17
>>> 17:22:22+0200)
>>> Maven home: /Applications/dev/maven/apache-maven-3.1.1
>>> Java version: 1.7.0_40, vendor: Oracle Corporation
>>> Java home:
>>> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_40.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
>>> Default locale: de_DE, platform encoding: UTF-8
>>> OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.9", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
>>>
>>> - build works fine
>>> - compared source archives with tag: content is the same
>>> - signatures are ok
>>> - Site looks good, the one FindBugs issue has been resolved but there is a
>>> new one:
>>>
>>> new org.apache.commons.pool2.proxy.JdkProxySource(ClassLoader, Class[]) may
>>> expose internal representation by storing an externally mutable object into
>>> JdkProxySource.interfaces
>>>
>>> Again I cannot say if this a problem, because I'm not involved in the
>>> development of pool. Maybe others can comment on this?
>> It is an issue and I have fixed it in trunk. It slipped through as it
>> only became an issue when I changed the visibility of the class.
>>
>> There were also some niggles with the site build that were fixed post tag.
>>
>>> All my points from RC1 have been addressed, thanks for that.
>> No problem. Thanks for the review. I've further improved the code
>> coverage of the tests since RC2 as well.
>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Benedikt
>> I'm tempted to push to release RC2 as the issues are minor. However,
>> since they have all been fixed in trunk and the release process isn't
>> anywhere near as painful as I was expecting, I'll probably aim to do a
>> (hopefully final) RC3 later today.
> Sorry to be late reviewing this.  I have found a few other small things.
>
> 0) We forgot to specify required JDK level anywhere.  Fixed in
> trunk.  If you regenerate release notes, this will be fixed.
> 1) The Ant build is broken due to cglib dependency.  We should
> either dump the Ant build or fix it.  I don't have time to fix it
> right now, but will try to get to it this weekend if no one beats me
> to it.

Working on this now.  Should have it done in an hour or so.

> 2) I can't seem to find your signing key.  Is this a new one?  Have
> you put it in /dist/commons/KEYS
> 3) The class diagrams and a lot of other stuff in the site still
> needs updating.  Not a release showstopper; but might be best to
> just dump this stuff for now.  I will go after this after 1).

Will do this in a couple of hours.

Phil

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/11/2013 22:41, Phil Steitz wrote:

> 0) We forgot to specify required JDK level anywhere.  Fixed in
> trunk.  If you regenerate release notes, this will be fixed.

Will do. Thanks.

> 1) The Ant build is broken due to cglib dependency.  We should
> either dump the Ant build or fix it.  I don't have time to fix it
> right now, but will try to get to it this weekend if no one beats me
> to it.

It is only broken if you don't add cglib to the class path. We could go
down a Tomact-like route and add download targets and the like but I'm
happy with requiring that the class path needs to be set.

I'll add some documentation.

> 2) I can't seem to find your signing key.

Odd.

> Is this a new one?

No.

> Have you put it in /dist/commons/KEYS

I thought I had. Obviously not. I'll add it now.

> 3) The class diagrams and a lot of other stuff in the site still
> needs updating.  Not a release showstopper; but might be best to
> just dump this stuff for now.  I will go after this after 1).

That looks suspiciously like the output from Rational Rose (or whatever
it might be called these days). If we are going to include UML diagrams
they really should be generated with a tool we can access at zero cost.
I haven't gone looking for UML tools in a long time. Does anyone have
some suggestions?

I'll dump them for now.

> I am having some trouble with the Ubuntu vm that I use to test JDK
> 1.6.  I will try to get this running so I can test on 1.6.  All of
> my testing up to now has been on 1.7.  We should make sure
> everything builds and runs OK on 1.6.  Has anyone tested on 1.6?

Yes. Jörg has covered that very well.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Phil Steitz wrote:

> On 11/1/13 5:53 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 01/11/2013 12:27, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
>>> Hello Mark,
>>>
>>> again building with:
>> Thanks again for the testing.
>>
>>> Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a; 2013-09-17
>>> 17:22:22+0200)
>>> Maven home: /Applications/dev/maven/apache-maven-3.1.1
>>> Java version: 1.7.0_40, vendor: Oracle Corporation
>>> Java home:
>>> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_40.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
>>> Default locale: de_DE, platform encoding: UTF-8
>>> OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.9", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
>>>
>>> - build works fine
>>> - compared source archives with tag: content is the same
>>> - signatures are ok
>>> - Site looks good, the one FindBugs issue has been resolved but there is
>>> a new one:
>>>
>>> new org.apache.commons.pool2.proxy.JdkProxySource(ClassLoader, Class[])
>>> may expose internal representation by storing an externally mutable
>>> object into JdkProxySource.interfaces
>>>
>>> Again I cannot say if this a problem, because I'm not involved in the
>>> development of pool. Maybe others can comment on this?
>> It is an issue and I have fixed it in trunk. It slipped through as it
>> only became an issue when I changed the visibility of the class.
>>
>> There were also some niggles with the site build that were fixed post
>> tag.
>>
>>> All my points from RC1 have been addressed, thanks for that.
>> No problem. Thanks for the review. I've further improved the code
>> coverage of the tests since RC2 as well.
>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Benedikt
>> I'm tempted to push to release RC2 as the issues are minor. However,
>> since they have all been fixed in trunk and the release process isn't
>> anywhere near as painful as I was expecting, I'll probably aim to do a
>> (hopefully final) RC3 later today.
>
> Sorry to be late reviewing this.  I have found a few other small things.
>
> 0) We forgot to specify required JDK level anywhere.  Fixed in
> trunk.  If you regenerate release notes, this will be fixed.
> 1) The Ant build is broken due to cglib dependency.  We should
> either dump the Ant build or fix it.  I don't have time to fix it
> right now, but will try to get to it this weekend if no one beats me
> to it.
> 2) I can't seem to find your signing key.  Is this a new one?  Have
> you put it in /dist/commons/KEYS
> 3) The class diagrams and a lot of other stuff in the site still
> needs updating.  Not a release showstopper; but might be best to
> just dump this stuff for now.  I will go after this after 1).
>
> I am having some trouble with the Ubuntu vm that I use to test JDK
> 1.6.  I will try to get this running so I can test on 1.6.  All of
> my testing up to now has been on 1.7.  We should make sure
> everything builds and runs OK on 1.6.  Has anyone tested on 1.6?

IBM JDK 1.6/1.7
IcedTea (OpenJDK) 6/7
Oracle JDK 1.6/1.7/1.8

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.0 RC2 as 2.0

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Mark,

again building with:

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.0 RC2 as 2.0

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 03/11/2013 16:59, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Any reason we are using an old version of asm-util? We are using 4.0, the
> current version is 4.2.

I think because cglib cited 4.0 as a dependency. I'll update to 4.2
assuming all the tests still pass.

Mark

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/11/2013 22:40, Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Mark Thomas wrote:
>
>> Development on Pool 2 is complete and a review of the remaining DBCP
>> bugs has not highlighted any that are likely to trigger significant API
>> changes in Pool so it is time for a release.
>>
>>  The Pool 2.0 RC2 is available for review here:
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/ (r3386)
>>
>>  Maven artifacts are here:
>>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-050/
>>
>>  Details of changes since 1.6 are in the release notes and changelog:
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/commons-pool-2.0-RC2/changes-report.html
>>
>>  The tag is here:
>>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/pool/tags/POOL_2_0_RC2/
>>   (r 1537505)
>>
>>  Site:
>>   http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/commons-pool-2.0-RC2
>>   (Broken links to Javadoc versions expected)
>>
>>  KEYS:
>>   http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>>
>>   Please review the release candidate and vote.
>>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now
>>
>>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> +1
>
> Builds fine from source with my compiler zoo (even Java 8) on Linux.
>
> Minor nit: There's no hint for the minimal Java version, not in the RELEASE-
> NOTES.txt nor as minimum requirement in the pom.

Thanks for the review. Phil has fixed that one in trunk.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/11/2013 14:06, Gary Gregory wrote:
> +1
>
> BUT:
>
> - We could use a migration guide, even if it just says "change the package
> name from ...pool to ....pool2."

I added some basic text to index.xml. We can expand it based on feedback.

> - Not a blocker but should be addressed, from the RAT report:
>
> Unapproved licenses:
>
>   src/site/resources/download_pool.cgi

Fixed.

> - Findbugs reports one MALICIOUS_CODE item, which we should either fix by
> copying the array or Javadoc such that someone looking the report can click
> on the source link and see the code comment.

Already fixed. I got caught out because I fixed some visibility issues
on the containing class at the last minute.

> There is one class with 0% code coverage, not ideal for a new major
> release:
> https://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/commons-pool-2.0-RC2/cobertura/org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.DefaultPooledObjectInfo.html

The class is pretty basic but I added some tests that cover most of it.

> I do not understand the "N/A" for some of the other classes in the
> Cobertura report.

They all look to be interfaces.

> - The release history report is missing version 1.6 (I'll take the blame on
> that one since I cut the 1.6 release).

1.5.7 is missing as well. I've added them.

> Tested with:
>
> Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
> 08:51:28-0500)
> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.0.5\bin\..
> Java version: 1.7.0_45, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
>
> With Maven 3.1.1, it bombs with:

I'm at the limit of my Maven knowledge as it is. I intend leaving this
to someone who wants to use Maven 3.1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

[...]

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Commons Pool 2.0
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:3.2:site (default-site) @ commons-pool2 ---
[WARNING] Error injecting:
org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.DefaultMavenReportExecutor
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sonatype/aether/graph/DependencyFilter
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2493)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1901)
        at
com.google.inject.spi.InjectionPoint.forConstructorOf(InjectionPoint.java:245)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl.create(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:99)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createUninitializedBinding(InjectorImpl.java:653)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBinding(InjectorImpl.java:863)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBindingRecursive(InjectorImpl.java:790)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getJustInTimeBinding(InjectorImpl.java:278)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getBindingOrThrow(InjectorImpl.java:210)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getProviderOrThrow(InjectorImpl.java:986)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getProvider(InjectorImpl.java:1019)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getProvider(InjectorImpl.java:982)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getInstance(InjectorImpl.java:1032)
        at
org.eclipse.sisu.space.AbstractDeferredClass.get(AbstractDeferredClass.java:48)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory.provision(ProviderInternalFactory.java:86)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.provision(InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.java:55)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory$1.call(ProviderInternalFactory.java:70)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback$Provision.provision(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:100)
        at
org.eclipse.sisu.plexus.PlexusLifecycleManager.onProvision(PlexusLifecycleManager.java:133)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback$Provision.provision(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:109)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback.provision(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:55)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory.circularGet(ProviderInternalFactory.java:68)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.java:47)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:46)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1054)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:40)
        at com.google.inject.Scopes$1$1.get(Scopes.java:59)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:41)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$2$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:997)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1047)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$2.get(InjectorImpl.java:993)
        at
org.eclipse.sisu.inject.LazyBeanEntry.getValue(LazyBeanEntry.java:82)
        at
org.eclipse.sisu.plexus.LazyPlexusBean.getValue(LazyPlexusBean.java:51)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:260)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:240)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:234)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.AbstractSiteRenderingMojo.getReports(AbstractSiteRenderingMojo.java:229)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:121)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:106)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:317)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:152)
        at
        at
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
org.sonatype.aether.graph.DependencyFilter
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy.loadClass(SelfFirstStrategy.java:50)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.unsynchronizedLoadClass(ClassRealm.java:259)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:235)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:227)
        ... 60 more
[INFO]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 5.479s
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Nov 01 10:05:36 EDT 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 14M/152M
[INFO]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.2:site (default-site) on
project commons-pool2: Execution default-site of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.2:site failed: A required
class was missing while executing org.apach
.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.2:site:
org/sonatype/aether/graph/DependencyFilter
[ERROR] -----------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] realm =    plugin>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.2
[ERROR] strategy =
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy
[ERROR] urls[0] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/3.2/maven-site-plugin-3.2.jar
[ERROR] urls[1] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/wagon/wagon-ssh/2.3/wagon-ssh-2.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[2] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/com/jcraft/jsch/0.1.44-1/jsch-0.1.44-1.jar
[ERROR] urls[3] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/wagon/wagon-ssh-common/2.3/wagon-ssh-common-2.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[4] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-interactivity-api/1.0-alpha-6/plexus-interactivity-api-1.0-alpha-6.jar
[ERROR] urls[5] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/reporting/maven-reporting-exec/1.0.2/maven-reporting-exec-1.0.2.jar
[ERROR] urls[6] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/reporting/maven-reporting-api/3.0/maven-reporting-api-3.0.jar
[ERROR] urls[7] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/velocity/velocity/1.5/velocity-1.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[8] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/sonatype/aether/aether-util/1.7/aether-util-1.7.jar
[ERROR] urls[9] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/sonatype/sisu/sisu-inject-bean/1.4.2/sisu-inject-bean-1.4.2.jar
[ERROR] urls[10] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/sonatype/sisu/sisu-guice/2.1.7/sisu-guice-2.1.7-noaop.jar
[ERROR] urls[11] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-interpolation/1.14/plexus-interpolation-1.14.jar
[ERROR] urls[12] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-component-annotations/1.5.5/plexus-component-annotations-1.5.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[13] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/sonatype/plexus/plexus-sec-dispatcher/1.3/plexus-sec-dispatcher-1.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[14] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/sonatype/plexus/plexus-cipher/1.4/plexus-cipher-1.4.jar
[ERROR] urls[15] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/maven-archiver/2.4.2/maven-archiver-2.4.2.jar
[ERROR] urls[16] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-sink-api/1.3/doxia-sink-api-1.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[17] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-logging-api/1.3/doxia-logging-api-1.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[18] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[19] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-core/1.3/doxia-core-1.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[20] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/xerces/xercesImpl/2.9.1/xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[21] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/xml-apis/xml-apis/1.3.04/xml-apis-1.3.04.jar
[ERROR] urls[22] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpclient/4.0.2/httpclient-4.0.2.jar
[ERROR] urls[23] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.1/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[24] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/commons-codec/commons-codec/1.3/commons-codec-1.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[25] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpcore/4.0.1/httpcore-4.0.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[26] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-module-xhtml/1.3/doxia-module-xhtml-1.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[27] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-module-apt/1.3/doxia-module-apt-1.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[28] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-module-xdoc/1.3/doxia-module-xdoc-1.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[29] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-module-fml/1.3/doxia-module-fml-1.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[30] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.5/servlet-api-2.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[31] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-decoration-model/1.3/doxia-decoration-model-1.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[32] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-site-renderer/1.3/doxia-site-renderer-1.3.jar
[ERROR] urls[33] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/velocity/velocity-tools/2.0/velocity-tools-2.0.jar
[ERROR] urls[34] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/commons-beanutils/commons-beanutils/1.7.0/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
[ERROR] urls[35] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/commons-digester/commons-digester/1.8/commons-digester-1.8.jar
[ERROR] urls[36] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/commons-chain/commons-chain/1.1/commons-chain-1.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[37] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/commons-validator/commons-validator/1.3.1/commons-validator-1.3.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[38] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/dom4j/dom4j/1.1/dom4j-1.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[39] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/sslext/sslext/1.2-0/sslext-1.2-0.jar
[ERROR] urls[40] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/struts/struts-core/1.3.8/struts-core-1.3.8.jar
[ERROR] urls[41] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/antlr/antlr/2.7.2/antlr-2.7.2.jar
[ERROR] urls[42] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/struts/struts-taglib/1.3.8/struts-taglib-1.3.8.jar
[ERROR] urls[43] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/struts/struts-tiles/1.3.8/struts-tiles-1.3.8.jar
[ERROR] urls[44] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/commons-collections/commons-collections/3.2.1/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[45] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-integration-tools/1.5/doxia-integration-tools-1.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[46] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-archiver/1.0/plexus-archiver-1.0.jar
[ERROR] urls[47] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-io/1.0/plexus-io-1.0.jar
[ERROR] urls[48] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-i18n/1.0-beta-7/plexus-i18n-1.0-beta-7.jar
[ERROR] urls[49] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/apache/velocity/velocity/1.5/velocity-1.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[50] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/oro/oro/2.0.8/oro-2.0.8.jar
[ERROR] urls[51] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-velocity/1.1.8/plexus-velocity-1.1.8.jar
[ERROR] urls[52] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.5.10/plexus-utils-1.5.10.jar
[ERROR] urls[53] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/mortbay/jetty/jetty/6.1.25/jetty-6.1.25.jar
[ERROR] urls[54] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/mortbay/jetty/servlet-api/2.5-20081211/servlet-api-2.5-20081211.jar
[ERROR] urls[55] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/org/mortbay/jetty/jetty-util/6.1.25/jetty-util-6.1.25.jar
[ERROR] urls[56] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.5/commons-lang-2.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[57] =
file:/C:/Users/ggregory/.m2/repository/commons-io/commons-io/1.4/commons-io-1.4.jar
[ERROR] Number of foreign imports: 1
[ERROR] import: Entry[import  from realm ClassRealm[maven.api, parent:
null]]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] -----------------------------------------------------:
org.sonatype.aether.graph.DependencyFilter
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/AetherClassNotFound

[CANCELLED][VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.0 RC2 as 2.0

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 31/10/2013 15:02, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Development on Pool 2 is complete and a review of the remaining DBCP
> bugs has not highlighted any that are likely to trigger significant API
> changes in Pool so it is time for a release.

While RC2 did gather enough votes for a release, folks also highlighted
a number of minor things that could be classes as "not necessary but
nice to have". Given the volume of these,  think that an RC3 is the
right way to go. Therefore I am cancelling the RC2 vote.

However, I don't wish to go round and round on this too much longer so I
will state up front that unless there is a show stopper issue, RC3 will
be the final RC before the release. Any non-show stopper issues will be
fixed for 2.0.1.

Mark

[CANCELLED][VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.0 RC2 as 2.0

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 3 November 2013 19:55, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 02/11/2013 23:36, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the testing.
>>
>>> One minor thing:
>>>
>>> When publishing the site you will most likely encounter problems, as
>the
>>> pom is missing some configurations regarding the scm publishing.
>>>
>>> Unless you deliberately kept the componentid at 'pool', you can
>ignore
>>> the comment, otherwise you may want to take a look at the respective
>>> sections in the lang pom:
>>
>> I have no idea what the right thing is to do here. sebb updated those
>> sections and he knows far more than I do so I am going to work on the
>> assumption he did the right thing. If there are problems, I'll fix
>them
>> up manually.
>
>I recently updated the properties used to create the download pages.
>I don't remember updating the scm section.

That just shows how little I understand about the Maven build process.

I'll fix this, attempt to fix the site to account for this and roll RC4 shortly. If I mess the site part up, i'll do that bit manually.

Mark

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 10/31/2013 04:02 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Development on Pool 2 is complete and a review of the remaining DBCP
> bugs has not highlighted any that are likely to trigger significant API
> changes in Pool so it is time for a release.
>
>  The Pool 2.0 RC2 is available for review here:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/ (r3386)
>
>  Maven artifacts are here:
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-050/
>
>  Details of changes since 1.6 are in the release notes and changelog:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/commons-pool-2.0-RC2/changes-report.html
>
>  The tag is here:
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/pool/tags/POOL_2_0_RC2/
>   (r 1537505)
>
>  Site:
>   http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/commons-pool-2.0-RC2
>   (Broken links to Javadoc versions expected)
>
>  KEYS:
>   http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
>   Please review the release candidate and vote.
>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now

[x] +1 Release these artifacts

The source release builds fine in my environment (all tests pass):

java version "1.7.0_25"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.10) (7u25-2.3.10-1ubuntu0.12.04.2)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

Site and artifacts looks good too.

One minor thing:

When publishing the site you will most likely encounter problems, as the
pom is missing some configurations regarding the scm publishing.

Unless you deliberately kept the componentid at 'pool', you can ignore
the comment, otherwise you may want to take a look at the respective
sections in the lang pom:

    <commons.componentid>lang3</commons.componentid>
    <!-- Current 3.x release series -->
    <commons.release.version>3.1</commons.release.version>
    <commons.release.desc>(Java 5.0+)</commons.release.desc>
    <!-- Previous 2.x release series -->
    <commons.release.2.version>2.6</commons.release.2.version>
    <commons.release.2.desc>(Requires Java 1.2 or
later)</commons.release.2.desc>
    <!-- Override generated name -->

<commons.release.2.name>commons-lang-${commons.release.2.version}</commons.release.2.name>
    <commons.jira.id>LANG</commons.jira.id>
    <commons.jira.pid>12310481</commons.jira.pid>

    <commons.site.path>lang</commons.site.path>

<commons.scmPubUrl>https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/commons-lang</commons.scmPubUrl>

<commons.scmPubCheckoutDirectory>site-content</commons.scmPubCheckoutDirectory>

Thomas