Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/05/17 21:05:58 UTC

Making Calcite release 1.8

Josh is preparing RC0 of Avatica release 1.8, and as soon as Avatica 1.8 is final we can make a release candidate of Calcite 1.8. That may be as little as one week away. Let’s start the Calcite 1.8 ball rolling now.

I volunteer to be release manager.

Are there any issues that people would like to submit fixes for before Calcite 1.8? Are there any patches ready to review? Does any documentation need to be written? Any other show-stoppers for 1.8?

The following seem almost ready:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1150 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1150> - Jinxing
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1235 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1235> - Michael
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1230 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1230> - Julian

The other issues I would like to fix:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1229 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1229> - unassigned
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1208 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1208> - Julian

Julian

Re: Making Calcite release 1.8

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
No worries. I saw the comment edits before this and assumed you had
rebased things. Thanks for the explicit heads-up.

Enjoy nature :)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Calcite 1.8 is out of the door - you all saw the announcement. Thanks, everyone, for helping to make another great release. This will be the last email in this thread (until the “Making Calcite release 1.9” thread starts in a couple of weeks!)

I took the liberty of rebasing origin/master, so that we end up with a linear commit history. This affected 3 commits that Josh made towards the end of last week. I’ve changed the commit IDs in the JIRA cases. Hope this is OK.

There is a backlog of a half dozen pull requests and patches[1][2] that need to be reviewed/committed. I’ll try to get through these in the next couple of days. Can other committers help out, and take some of these on?

Lastly, my schedule: I’ll be camping in the mountains from Saturday onwards, so expect a week of radio silence from me. Committers, please help out by responding to JIRA cases and pull requests

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
Josh,

Posted by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@uwaterloo.ca>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
CALCITE-1228 would be helpful for us over in Phoenix-land.

Thanks,
James

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Venki just reminded me of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1177 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1177>. This relies on an upgrade to Avatica 1.8.0, so I added https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1239 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1239> to remind us of that task.