Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by James Leigh <ja...@3roundstones.com> on 2013/06/03 15:18:47 UTC

HttpCore 4.3 Status

Hi Oleg et al.,

The release notes[1] for 4.3 are very helpful, but I am curious to know
what else is planned for the 4.3 branch and what metrics are considered
before a 4.3.0 (GA) release. The issue roadmaps for httpcore[1],
httpclient[2], and httpasyncclient[3] are close to completion, which has
me wondering what that means for the 4.3 Final release time frame.

I would be interested in a rough time period, guess at percentage dev
completed, or some other vague indicator for 4.3.0 (GA) completeness.

Thanks,
James

[1] http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPASYNC

Re: HttpCore 4.3 Status

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2013-06-03 at 09:18 -0400, James Leigh wrote:
> Hi Oleg et al.,
>
> The release notes[1] for 4.3 are very helpful, but I am curious to know
> what else is planned for the 4.3 branch and what metrics are considered
> before a 4.3.0 (GA) release. The issue roadmaps for httpcore[1],
> httpclient[2], and httpasyncclient[3] are close to completion, which has
> me wondering what that means for the 4.3 Final release time frame.
>
> I would be interested in a rough time period, guess at percentage dev
> completed, or some other vague indicator for 4.3.0 (GA) completeness.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Hi James

There is a few issues outstanding for core and client but the only thing
really blocks a GA release is documentation (tutorials and javadocs).

Here's my personal time plan which is subject to change depending on my
family / work situation

* Release HttpCore 4.3 GA by mid July provided there are no major issues
report that would require another BETA

* Release HttpClient 4.3 BETA2 soonish. Jon & Francois-Xavier, what are
your plans regarding HTTPCLIENT-1353 and HTTPCLIENT-1361? Shall I wait
for their resolution or push them to the next release?

* Release HttpClient 4.3 GA by mid August

* Release HttpAsyncClient 4.0 GA by end of September.

If someone were to volunteer to help me with the documentation the
releases might happen sooner.

Oleg