Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se> on 2004/12/01 13:49:01 UTC

Re: svn commit: r109328 - in cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X: . src/blocks/template src/blocks/template/conf src/blocks/template/java src/blocks/template/java/org src/blocks/template/java/org/apache src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/el src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/el/jexl src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/el/util src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/template src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/template/generation src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/template/script src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/template/tag src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/template/tag/samples src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/util src/blocks/template/samples src/blocks/template/test src/blocks/template/test/org src/blocks/template/test/org/apache src/blocks/template/test/org/apache/cocoon src/blocks/template/test/org/apache/cocoon/el src/blocks/template/test/org/apache/cocoon/el/je! xl src/blocks/template/test/org/apache/cocoon/el/util src/blocks/template/test/org/apache/cocoon/template src/blocks/template/test/org/apache/cocoon/template/generation src/blocks/template/test/org/apache/cocoon/template/script src/blocks/template/test/org/apache/cocoon/util

lgawron@apache.org wrote:

>Author: lgawron
>Date: Wed Dec  1 03:51:37 2004
>New Revision: 109328

>Log:
>initial (very initial) cocoon-template-block
>Added:
>   cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/template/
>   cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/template/conf/
>   cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/template/java/
>   cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/template/java/org/
>   cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/
>   cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/
>   cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/el/

Thanks for commiting the template stuff !

But do you really think that it is worth the effort to keep 2.1.x
syncronized with trunk wrt template at this early stage of development?
I'd prefer to sync it when we are a little bit more shure about what
interfaces we should have and so on.

/Daniel

Template block ( was Re: svn commit: r109328)

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org>.
Il giorno 01/dic/04, alle 17:04, Upayavira ha scritto:

> Or remove it. Because if you leave something that isn't going to be
> maintained there, it will give users the wrong impression.

+1 on removing it from 2.1 for exactly this reason.

	Ugo

P.S. folks, can you please a) avoid quoting the whole fscking thread
just to add a few words at the end? And b) edit the subject so that
it's more meaningful and shorter than the one created by SVN? Thanks
;-)

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Upayavira wrote:

>>> No probs. That's what the rest of us are here for!

>>> Erm. In trunk, I would leave it enabled. After all, it is just
>>> another unstable block.
>>

>> I mean 2.1.x
>>
> Disable it in 2.1.x.

Or remove it. Because if you leave something that isn't going to be
maintained there, it will give users the wrong impression.

It can always be re-added when the trunk version has reached a level of
maturity.

Regards, Upayavira

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:

>>> I see, sorry for the mess.
>>

>> No probs. That's what the rest of us are here for!
>>
>>> Should I disable the block build by default ?
>>

>> Erm. In trunk, I would leave it enabled. After all, it is just
>> another unstable block.
>
> I mean 2.1.x

Disable it in 2.1.x.

/Daniel

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Upayavira wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Upayavira wrote:

>>> Really, this should be developed in trunk, and then back-ported when
>>> it reaches a level of stability (unless we get 2.2 out quick enough
>>> :-) )
>>>
>>> Trunk is where new stuff goes, IMO.
>>

>> I see, sorry for the mess.
>

> No probs. That's what the rest of us are here for!
>
>> Should I disable the block build by default ?
>

> Erm. In trunk, I would leave it enabled. After all, it is just another
> unstable block.
I mean 2.1.x

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Upayavira wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>>
>>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>

>> <snip/>

>>> Fine by me. Still we can sync once a few revisions.
>>

>> We can do that, but then we have to change the code so that it is Java
>> 1.3 compatible (or just turn of compilation of the block in 2.1.x by
>> default). The code contains some java.nio stuff which IIRC not is
>> contained in 1.3.
>

> Really, this should be developed in trunk, and then back-ported when it
> reaches a level of stability (unless we get 2.2 out quick enough :-) )
>
> Trunk is where new stuff goes, IMO.
I see, sorry for the mess. Should I disable the block build by default ?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Leszek Gawron wrote:

<snip/>