Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Skariah <ms...@anshinsoft.com> on 2001/07/17 02:57:19 UTC

Multiple html:text with the same property name

Hello all,
Can anyone tell me if I can have multiple html:text tags with the same
property name in a single JSP file. If yes, how can I map these tags with
the same name to a single attribute in the ActionForm class. Can I have
something like an attribute which is an array in the ActionForm class that
represents the html:text tags??
Thanks in advance,
-Michael.

Re: Multiple html:text with the same property name

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Michael Skariah wrote:

> Hello all,
> Can anyone tell me if I can have multiple html:text tags with the same
> property name in a single JSP file. If yes, how can I map these tags with
> the same name to a single attribute in the ActionForm class. Can I have
> something like an attribute which is an array in the ActionForm class that
> represents the html:text tags??
> Thanks in advance,
> -Michael.

You shouldn't have to do anything special.  Just make sure your property
getter and setter methods in your ActionForm bean accept arrays of
Strings:

  public String[] getPropertyName();
  public void setPropertyName(String propertyName[]);

Craig