Posted to user@flink.apache.org by KristoffSC <kr...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/07 15:08:13 UTC

SSL configuration - default behaviour

Hi,
In documentation [1] we can read that

All internal connections are SSL authenticated and encrypted. The
connections use mutual authentication, meaning both server and client side
of each connection need to present the certificate to each other. The
certificate acts effectively as a shared secret.

But is this a default behavior? Are internal connections encrypted by
default?

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/security-ssl.html

Re: SSL configuration - default behaviour

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@ververica.com>.
Hi Krzysztof,

Thanks for the suggestion. It was kind of implied in the first sentence on the page already, but I’m fixing it [1] to make it more clear.

Piotrek

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/11083 <https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/11083>

Posted by Krzysztof Chmielewski <kr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Robert,