Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/12 09:55:06 UTC

Tomcat 7 build is broken on a local PC

Hi,

Although I can see that the central build is OK, I cannot build tomcat 7
trunk.

The new class org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.Utf8Encoder
uses java.nio.charset.StandardCharsets which is available only in java 7.

Do you have such problems?

Thanks
Violeta

Re: Tomcat 7 build is broken on a local PC

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 12/09/2013 09:00, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 12/09/2013 08:55, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Although I can see that the central build is OK, I cannot build tomcat 7
>> trunk.
>>
>> The new class org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.Utf8Encoder
>> uses java.nio.charset.StandardCharsets which is available only in java 7.
>>
>> Do you have such problems?
>
> That needs fixing to use the constant.

There is also a problem with the build process. Too many files are being
compiled with Java 7 rather than Java 6. I'm investigating now...

Mark

Re: Tomcat 7 build is broken on a local PC

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.