Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Richard Fisher <ri...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/11 21:39:52 UTC

spellcheck

My open office spellcheck went away. It marks all words as miss spelled but no way to correct they. I do not have a spellcheck on my taskbar and can’t figure out how to get one there. I am a poor speller and need spellcheck! Can someone please help me get my open office spellcheck back.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: spellcheck

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 11 May 2019 14:39:52 -0700
Richard Fisher <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My open office spellcheck went away. It marks all words as miss spelled but no way to correct they. I do not have a spellcheck on my taskbar and can’t figure out how to get one there. I am a poor speller and need spellcheck! Can someone please help me get my open office spellcheck back.
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Try renaming your OO user profile.

As you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>