Posted to users@maven.apache.org by LukeS <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/15 15:52:30 UTC

Pom Dependency Syntax

I am new to maven and love it. The challenge I have is figuring out what
entry I should put in my pom file when I want to add a new dependency.

I found this site:
http://www.mvnrepository.com/

It allows you to search for a project and then it gives you the syntax to
add. The problem is it is very slow sometimes and seems to have some older
versions of dependencies.

Can someone give me some tips or a different web reference to help me in
figuring out the syntax to add new dependencies to my project?

Thanks!

Re: Pom Dependency Syntax

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2009/9/15 LukeS <lu...@gmail.com>:

> I am new to maven and love it. The challenge I have is figuring out what
> entry I should put in my pom file when I want to add a new dependency.
>
> I found this site:
> http://www.mvnrepository.com/
>
> It allows you to search for a project and then it gives you the syntax to
> add. The problem is it is very slow sometimes and seems to have some older
> versions of dependencies.
>
> Can someone give me some tips or a different web reference to help me in
> figuring out the syntax to add new dependencies to my project?

Personally I love Jarvana:
http://jarvana.com/
Especially for its class search engine.

Antonio

Re: Pom Dependency Syntax

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
Try the Nexus repository @ Sonatype [1]. They use the index files
provided at central. (The same as M2Eclipse uses).

[1] http://repository.sonatype.org/index.html

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~