Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by co...@covalent.net on 2002/08/30 19:58:41 UTC

jtc/naming

Remy,

I would like to create a new dir in j-t-c, for the naming contexts
used in jk config and some other 'experiments'.

I started few ant tasks and ant 'dynamic property' ( ${jndi:...} )
and ant jndi tasks ( jndiSet, jndiCopy, etc ). That would allow
ant tasks to do automated config changes - and will allow us
to better test the jndi code.

If possible, I would love some layout changes - we can keep the
old classes, but a more strucutred layout would help a lot.
The 'resources' package is a bit unintuitive - it's more of
a 'vfs'. The 'proxy' should ( IMO ) have its own package
and be useable to cache any of the dir contexts. I would also
group all the *Ref classes in the base dir into a 'ref' package.

None of this is important - just nice ( and we can preserve backward
compat by keeping the old files in place, and using the new
dir for the new layout ).

What do you think ?

Costin

Re: jtc/naming

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> Remy,
>
> I would like to create a new dir in j-t-c, for the naming contexts
> used in jk config and some other 'experiments'.
>
> I started few ant tasks and ant 'dynamic property' ( ${jndi:...} )
> and ant jndi tasks ( jndiSet, jndiCopy, etc ). That would allow
> ant tasks to do automated config changes - and will allow us
> to better test the jndi code.
>
> If possible, I would love some layout changes - we can keep the
> old classes, but a more strucutred layout would help a lot.
> The 'resources' package is a bit unintuitive - it's more of
> a 'vfs'. The 'proxy' should ( IMO ) have its own package
> and be useable to cache any of the dir contexts. I would also
> group all the *Ref classes in the base dir into a 'ref' package.
>
> None of this is important - just nice ( and we can preserve backward
> compat by keeping the old files in place, and using the new
> dir for the new layout ).

+1 :)

Remy