Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jesse McConnell <je...@gallup.com> on 2001/08/10 15:08:57 UTC

central build daemon, and more

I have been out of the java world for almost two years and have been
getting back into it this last month and wow a lot has been added.
 Alexandria seems like it could almost replace my mozilla tool chain
setup with I struggled to get working.

A couple of questions though, and since I haven't seemed to find the
archive for this list feel free to point me there by giving me a link.

First off, does the gump component have a server component so it can
accept build logs from different machines?  My tinderbox setup has been
useful in detecting small differences in implementation of some API's on
different operating systems so would still like to maintain multiple
build shells...as well as testing different java version on the same
platform.  Test how things build and run on 1.3 and 1.4 for
instance...Is that support within Alexandria right now?

What is the status of the cross-referencer?  I was poking through the
homepage but a large amount of the links seemed to be broken.

How active is development right now?

Thanks for any info!
Jesse