Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Sharan, Dharmendra" <Dh...@gs.com> on 2002/02/12 02:11:01 UTC

Dynamic Header in Page Sequence [region-before]

Hi XSL FOP Developers,

      I want to ask if it is possible to have a dynamic Header implemented
in a Page-Sequence.

      something like ...

      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-start">
             <fo:block font-size="16pt" font-weight="bold"
font-family="sans-serif">
                   <xsl:text> From: </xsl:text>
                   <xsl:value-of select="@tableStart"/>
                   <xsl:text> To: </xsl:text>
                   <xsl:value-of select="@tableStart"/>
             </fo:block>
      </fo:static-content>

      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-body">

         <!-- XSL FO code to process the xml goes here... -->

         <!-- This body content gets "page header" using the
xsl-region-start above -->
         <!-- Is is possible to have a different header for this/each page
-->
         <!-- depending on the data being processed eg. let's say we have a
xml having car schema -->
         <!-- would it be possible to have the page header vary depending on
the car detail being displayed ??? -->
         <!-- (assuming each car gets displayed on its own page i.e.
separate page for each car) -->

      </fo:static-content>

      Assuming an XML like :-

       <Vehicle type="4 wheel drive">

          <car category="sedan">
              <!-- Car details here... -->
          </car>

          <car category="sports">
              <!-- Car details here... -->
          </car>

       </Vehicle>

       Any ideas ? Is there a better way to achieve the same results ? Any
helps/hints/suggestions appreciated.

       Thanks!,

       Dharmendra