Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Barzilai Spinak <ba...@internet.com.uy> on 2003/06/10 11:44:28 UTC

Bug in removeAttributeNode(Attr) ??

I wrote a couple of functions to remove all the foreign attributes and
namespaces introduced when you do a xindice query.
(like xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query" and src:col and src:key)

Actually I wrote a very general function called:
 removeAttributesUnderNS (Node n, String nsURI) that removes all attributes that
belong to a given namespace URI

and also adapted a function to remove unused namespaces:
(adapted from
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/attach?page=RemoveNamespaces/NamespaceStripperTransformer.java)

The problem I found was when using the Element.removeAttributeNode(Attr)
It did NOTHING so I had to use removeAttribute(anAttrib.getNodeName()) instead.
Doing it this way works perfectly.

I'm very new to XML processing with DOM but I found out that the Node's I'm
working with belong to org.apache.xindice.xml.dom  which makes
sense since they were returned by a Xindice query so that's why I'm asking
in this list.

Then again, I may be doing something wrong but I don't think so.

The problem could be in NamedNodemapImpl...
I think the class was written by Vladimir (?)

BarZ

  Internet en Uruguay es http://www.internet.com.uy