Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ashish P <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/28 07:01:45 UTC

half width katakana

I want to convert half width katakana to full width katakana. I tried using
cjk analyzer but not working.
Does cjkAnalyzer do it or is there any other way??

Re: half width katakana

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : The exception is expected if you use CharStream aware Tokenizer without
> : CharFilters.
>
> Koji: i thought all of the casts had been eliminated and replaced with
> a call to CharReader.get(Reader) ?

Yeah, right. After r758137, ClassCastException should be eliminated.

And then CharReader.get(Reader) idiom added as hoss suggested:

Ashish, what revision/nightly version did you use when you got ClassCast
Exception?

Koji

Re: half width katakana

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: The exception is expected if you use CharStream aware Tokenizer without
: CharFilters.

Koji: i thought all of the casts had been eliminated and replaced with
a call to CharReader.get(Reader) ?

: Please see example/solr/conf/schema.xml for the setting of CharFilter and
: CharStreamAware*Tokenizer:

: > Using CharStreamAwareCJKTokenizerFactory is giving me following error,
: > SEVERE: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.io.StringReader cannot be cast to
: > org.apache.solr.analysis.CharStream
: >
: > May be you are typecasting Reader to subclass.

-Hoss

Re: half width katakana

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
The exception is expected if you use CharStream aware Tokenizer without
CharFilters.
Please see example/solr/conf/schema.xml for the setting of CharFilter and
CharStreamAware*Tokenizer:

    <!-- charFilter + "CharStream aware" WhitespaceTokenizer  -->

<!--
    <fieldType name="textCharNorm" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">

<analyzer>
        <charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"
mapping="mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt"/>

        <tokenizer
class="solr.CharStreamAwareWhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>

</analyzer>

</fieldType>
    -->

Thank you,