Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu> on 2016/01/30 20:41:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Ace release 2.1.0

Hi,

After a long period of development, we’re proud to present a new release of
Apache Ace.

We solved 51 issues in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE/fixforversion/12326773/

The staging repository can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ace/apache-ace-2.1.0/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ace/trunk/build/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
  sh check_staged_ace_release.sh 2.1.0 /tmp/ace-staging

This script, unlike the original check_staged_release.sh from Apache Felix,
will download staging artifacts from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ace
instead of http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories.

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is something with Amdatu and Apache

Luminis Technologies
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ  Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00

https://www.luminis.eu

KvK (CoC) 09 16 28 93
BTW (VAT) NL8170.94.441.B.01

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release of Apache Ace release 2.1.0

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.
Hi all,

The vote for Apache Ace release 2.1.0 has ended with the following results:

+1 (binding): Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Jan Willem Janssen, Paul Bakker &
   Marcel Offermans;
+1 (non-binding): Bram Pouwelse;
+0 : Angelo van der Sijpt;
-1 : none.

The vote is successful and I’ll continue to promote the staged artifacts.

Thanks for voting everybody!

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Ace release 2.1.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Ace release 2.1.0

Posted by Bram Pouwelse <br...@pouwelse.com>.

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.
Hi Angelo,

> On 08 Feb 2016, at 18:11, Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.eu> wrote:
>
> Basically, the readme seems to be lagging behind development, but Bram helped me out, and I got it to run. We do need to fix this, since it’s quite a hurdle for users that for some reason want to build from source.

Hmm, I’ll create an task on JIRA to fix that before the next release. It should be as simple unzipping two archives...

Posted by Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.eu>.
0 for me: we have enough binding votes, and I won’t veto the release.
However, I needed quite some fiddling to get the source release to run. Given that source is the main thing we release, I figured I should give it a try :)

Basically, the readme seems to be lagging behind development, but Bram helped me out, and I got it to run. We do need to fix this, since it’s quite a hurdle for users that for some reason want to build from source.

Angelo

On 5 Feb 2016 at 18:16:36, Marcel Offermans (marcel.offermans@luminis.nl<ma...@luminis.nl>) wrote:

+1 from me, great work guys!

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Ace release 2.1.0

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
+1 from me, great work guys!

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Ace release 2.1.0

Posted by er...@erguder.tk.
It will be good to release Apache ACE Server and Client for both equinox
and felix.

Best Regards,

Ergü

Posted by Paul Bakker <pa...@gmail.com>.