Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2012/02/24 09:43:44 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Feb 24, 9 am Pacific Time

Hi,

  We will have our regular meeting Friday, February 24 at 9 am Pacific
Time to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

   Dial-in numbers are:
   US Toll free: 866 682-4770
   Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
   Germany Toll free: 08006648515
   (Other countries by request)

   To place the call:
   1. Call the toll free number.
   2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
   3. Enter the security code 1111#

   Agenda:

   1. Delete maven1 config files:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-705. Check README.html. Reason
for JDO3.MF under trunk?
   2. News on new feature idea
http://osdir.com/ml/jdo-dev-db-apache/2011-11/msg00002.html - possible
code contribution from 3M?
   3. Everyone please review the ChangeLog:
http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/ChangeLog
   4. No enhancer log output with maven 2:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-705
   5. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630,
       click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenacnce release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"
   6. Other issues

   Action Items from weeks past:

   [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617 re the utility of the
update operator.
   [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de
Web: www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de>

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Feb 24, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Matthew Adams, Craig
Russell

   Agenda:

   1. Delete maven1 config files: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-705
. Check README.html. Reason for JDO3.MF under trunk?

Two items left.

README.html needs to be reviewed.

The JDO3.MF is not needed any more. The new mvn build process makes
this obsolete.

   2. News on new feature idea http://osdir.com/ml/jdo-dev-db-apache/2011-11/msg00002.html
  - possible code contribution from 3M?

no change.

   3. Everyone please review the ChangeLog: http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/ChangeLog

The ChangeLog was updated. Thanks, Michelle and Michael.

   4. No enhancer log output with maven 2: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-706

May be a class path issue. AI Michelle update the JIRA with some info
on how to get more diagnostics. Where does log4j find its config file?
May have to put the config file there.

   5. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630
,
       click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenacnce release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"

For JDO-682 the patch for sequences has been put into DataNucleus. We
need to update DataNucleus dependencies. Currently using DataNucleus
3.0.6 but the fix is in DataNucleus 3.0.8.

   6. Other issues

The specification is now in svn under trunk/specification. This is
where the spec will be updated. The version was last updated in July
7, 2011. Anyone with access to FrameMaker can try to build the
jdo.book. The jdo.book needs to be updated to refer to the jdo.fm
instead of jdo-2011-07-07.fm.

   Action Items from weeks past:

   [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617
  re the utility of the update operator.
   [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo