Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2010/07/01 18:11:29 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.30 Build

The builds for Tomcat 5.5.30 are ready for testing and approval.
The candidates binaries are available here:

   http://people.apache.org/~jim/tomcat-5.5/

According to the release process, the 5.5.30 build corresponding to the
tag TOMCAT_5_5_30 [1] is:

[ ] Broken
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] Stable
+++

1. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc5.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_5_5_30/

Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.30 Build

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2010/7/1 Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com>:
> The builds for Tomcat 5.5.30 are ready for testing and approval.
> The candidates binaries are available here:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~jim/tomcat-5.5/
>
> According to the release process, the 5.5.30 build corresponding to the
> tag TOMCAT_5_5_30 [1] is:
>

> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [x] Stable

Tested:
md5 checksums: OK
gpg signatures: OK

src vs tag:
zip and tgz archives are identical (ignoring the line ends)

The following files are missing in the tag, but are present in the src archives:
/build.xml  (a copy of build/resources/build.xml)
/build/tomcat-5.5.30-build.txt

The following files are present in the tag, but missing in the src archives:
/eclipse.classpath
/eclipse.project
/STATUS.txt
/container/modules/groupcom/build/   (a directory)

Building a "release" from the zip src archive succeeds, so the missing
groupcom build files do not break the build.

Tested installing, uninstalling, running some sample applications
on WinXP 32-bit / JRE 6u20.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.30 Build

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 07/01/2010 06:11 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The builds for Tomcat 5.5.30 are ready for testing and approval.
> The candidates binaries are available here:
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~jim/tomcat-5.5/
>
> According to the release process, the 5.5.30 build corresponding to the
> tag TOMCAT_5_5_30 [1] is:
>
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] Stable

According to my quick tests :D

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.30 Build

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
my vote, btw...

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.30 Build

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Jul 1, 2010, at 12:11 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> The builds for Tomcat 5.5.30 are ready for testing and approval.
> The candidates binaries are available here:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~jim/tomcat-5.5/
>
> According to the release process, the 5.5.30 build corresponding to the
> tag TOMCAT_5_5_30 [1] is:
>
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [ ] Stable
> +++
>
> 1. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc5.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_5_5_30/

We have >=3 +1 Binding Votes, so I will go ahead with the
release process...

Thx to all!

Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.30 Build

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2010/7/1 Jim Jagielski <ji...@apache.org>:

> On Jul 1, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>
>> 2010/7/1 Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com>:
>>> The builds for Tomcat 5.5.30 are ready for testing and approval.
>>> The candidates binaries are available here:
>>>
>>>   http://people.apache.org/~jim/tomcat-5.5/
>>>
>> I see them there but Apache says 403 Forbidden when I try to download
>> any of the files.
>>

> Please try now...

It works now. Thank you.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.30 Build

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@apache.org>.
On Jul 1, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> 2010/7/1 Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com>:
>> The builds for Tomcat 5.5.30 are ready for testing and approval.
>> The candidates binaries are available here:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~jim/tomcat-5.5/
>>
> I see them there but Apache says 403 Forbidden when I try to download
> any of the files.

Please try now...

Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.30 Build

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2010/7/1 Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com>:
> The builds for Tomcat 5.5.30 are ready for testing and approval.
> The candidates binaries are available here:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~jim/tomcat-5.5/

I see them there but Apache says 403 Forbidden when I try to download
any of the files.

Best regards
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.30 Build

Posted by Peter Roßbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
+1 Stable

Test tar.gz with MAC OS X and it works fine.

Thanks,
Peter

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Jul 7, 2010, at 9:59 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:

> On 01.07.2010 18:11, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> According to the release process, the 5.5.30 build corresponding to the
>> tag TOMCAT_5_5_30 [1] is:
>>
>> [ ] Broken
>> [ ] Alpha
>> [ ] Beta
>> [X] Stable
>
> - MD5 OK
> - Signatures OK
> - Mostly expected differences between tag and src archives, except:
>  - Did you include build/tomcat-5.5.30-build.txt deliberately, so people can see how your build ran?

Yes... I thought it would be useful. :)

>  - Directory apache-tomcat-5.5.30/container/modules/groupcom/build is missing

Grrr...

>    It is needed if one build tc 5.5. with "cluster-ha" set in order to build the new Cluster instead of the old one. I'd say it was mostly experimental for 5.5, so not a showstopper and definitely not a regression

I agree... I will wait a few more hours before
closing the vote.

Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 5.5.30 Build

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 01.07.2010 18:11, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> According to the release process, the 5.5.30 build corresponding to the
> tag TOMCAT_5_5_30 [1] is:
>
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] Stable

- MD5 OK
- Signatures OK
- Mostly expected differences between tag and src archives, except:
   - Did you include build/tomcat-5.5.30-build.txt deliberately, so
people can see how your build ran?
   - Directory apache-tomcat-5.5.30/container/modules/groupcom/build is
missing
     It is needed if one build tc 5.5. with "cluster-ha" set in order to
build the new Cluster instead of the old one. I'd say it was mostly
experimental for 5.5, so not a showstopper and definitely not a regression

Thanks for RMing!

Rainer