Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2008/07/09 07:25:02 UTC

Shipping Tomcat Native from ASF site

Hi,

Since all crypto software issues has been resolved
with US government we can ship openssl native binaries
directly instead using Irelands official mirror site.

Now, this also presumes that installer can directly
contain those .dll's instead downloading them at install
time. It's probably feasible for post 6.0.17 version
since 6.0.17 is close to get released.

Any problem I play with that?

Regards
--
^(TM)

Re: Shipping Tomcat Native from ASF site

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
win32 binaries are now on site :

http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.1.14/binaries/win32/

Thanks

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Henri Gomez wrote:
>>> I've put the binaries to
>>> archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/
>>> and (1.1.14 only) to
>>> www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/
>>>
>>> Not sure why but archive is not yet populated
>>> (probably its some mirroring issue)
>>>
>>> The heanet.ie site is still on and will stay there
>>> for historic and current installers.
>>
>> No binaries yet just src ?
>>

> The binaries should be there as well.
> I presume Jean-Frederic will create them for 1.1.14
> AFAICT there is win32/x86 binary, so I suppose others
> will follow. If not, I'll make few of them.

I still have problems so please do it.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
+1

It will be easier for users to grab them next to mod_jk and tomcat

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
+1