Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alexios Giotis <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/05 13:31:22 UTC

SVG to AFP conversion

Hi,

I was thinking of using Apache FOP 1.0 or trunk to convert SVG files to AFP. Each page will contain a single SVG, declared as

<fo:external-graphic src="url('page1.svg')" content-height="100%" content-width="100%" />

This works good when converting to PDF but I have some issues with AFP fonts. Before going further, I would like some advise. Do you see any problems converting a series of SVG files to AFP ?

For example, the SVG contains text. Batik uses the java AWT font system while FOP has it's own. Obviously, in the output AFP, I need FOP to use and embed AFP outline fonts.

Thanks,

Alexios Giotis

Re: SVG to AFP conversion

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

My apologies for the slow response, however, because SVG goes through
Batik there are issues with fonts, as you already know. We are
currently looking into the issue of AFP fonts within embedded SVG.
I'll post back when we have some more information.

Mehdi

Re: SVG to AFP conversion

Posted by Alexios Giotis <al...@gmail.com>.