Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Davor Cengija <dc...@mcs.hr> on 2000/11/06 09:25:43 UTC

fop: page numbers are not reset

	Cocoon 1.8, but if I remember correctly, the same problem was
	with 1.7.4.

	I have an XSL file which converts Bosak's Shakespeare's dramas
	to PDF, and at the bottom of each page I have a page number
	displayed. It displays correct numbers only in the first
	generated PDF, and in any other it just continues from where
	it ended in the previous PDF. E.g. If Hamlet PDF is 130 pages
	long, King Lear's first page would be numbered as 131 etc.

	It could be that I messed something with XSL (which is still
	very new technology to me), but I just copied it from the
	examples and adjusted a little. Here it is (only the first
	template, '/'):

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:processing-instruction name="cocoon-format">type="text/xslfo"</xsl:processing-instruction>
      <fo:layout-master-set>
      <fo:simple-page-master
        page-master-name="right"
        margin-top="75pt"
        margin-bottom="25pt"
        margin-left="100pt"
        margin-right="50pt">
        <fo:region-body margin-bottom="50pt"/>
        <fo:region-after extent="25pt"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>
      <fo:simple-page-master
        page-master-name="left"
        margin-top="75pt"
        margin-bottom="25pt"
        margin-left="50pt"
        margin-right="100pt">
        <fo:region-body margin-bottom="50pt"/>
        <fo:region-after extent="25pt"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>
      </fo:layout-master-set>

      <fo:page-sequence>

        <fo:sequence-specification>
          <fo:sequence-specifier-alternating
            page-master-first="right"
            page-master-odd="right"
            page-master-even="left"/>
        </fo:sequence-specification>

        <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-after">

	<!-- HERE'S THE PAGE NUMBER -->
          <fo:block text-align-last="centered" font-size="10pt"><xsl:value-of select="/PLAY/PLAYSUBT"/> by William Shakespeare - p. <fo:page-number/></fo:block>
        </fo:static-content>

        <fo:flow>
          <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </fo:flow>