Posted to dev@lens.apache.org by Rajat Khandelwal <pr...@apache.org> on 2015/08/25 16:17:47 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.3.0-beta

Hi everyone

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Lens
2.3.0-beta.

Commit id: d3ba5a3845fdd1a90596f04ac979ab54bc1e65ad
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lens.git;a=commit;h=d3ba5a3845fdd1a90596f04ac979ab54bc1e65ad>
Tag: apache-lens-2.3.0-beta
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lens.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta>

Release archive available at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-rc0/

KEYS available in the dist repo:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/lens/KEYS

The release candidate consists of the following source distribution archive:
apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-source-release.zip
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-rc0/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-source-release.zip>

In addition, the following supplementary binary distributions are
provided for user convenience at the same location:
apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-bin.tar.gz
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-rc0/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-bin.tar.gz>

The licensing has slight changes from previous release, two logback modules
have been included in the binary. The change has been mentioned in
bin-dist-files/LICENSE  and
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LENS/Licensing+in+Apache+Lens

Nexus staging URL:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelens-1006

Release Notes available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12332350&projectId=12315923

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] 0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side for the release.

If you haven't done this before, here's a how to for release verification:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list

Regards

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.3.0-beta

Posted by Arshad Matin <ar...@inmobi.com>.
+1

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > >

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-rc0/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-bin.tar.gz
> > > >

> > > The licensing has slight changes from previous release, two logback
> > modules
> > > have been included in the binary. The change has been mentioned in
> > > bin-dist-files/LICENSE  and
> > >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LENS/Licensing+in+Apache+Lens
> > >
> > > Nexus staging URL:
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelens-1006
> > >

> > > Release Notes available here:
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12332350&projectId=12315923
> > >
> > > Vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 approve
> > > [ ] 0 no opinion
> > > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> > >
> > > +1 from my side for the release.
> > >
> > > If you haven't done this before, here's a how to for release

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.3.0-beta

Posted by Rajat Khandelwal <pr...@apache.org>.
Hi All

Vote for Lens Release 2.3.0-beta has passed with 7 +1's (all binding), no 0
or -1's.

+1 votes:

Rajat Khandelwal
Amareshwari Sriramadasu
Raju Bairishetti
Yash Sharma
Arshad Matin
Raghavendra Singh
Jean-Baptiste Onofré

0 votes

 * No votes

-1 Votes

 * No votes

Vote thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lens-dev/201508.mbox/%3CCANGGtCNzNSFWy%3DEcbCg9Qz0NY6PDjFiz7Lf8%3De1qvf1Cf7Tw3g%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.3.0-beta

Posted by Raghavendra Singh <ra...@inmobi.com>.
+1

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 08/27/2015 09:08 AM, Yash Sharma wrote:
>
>> +1 Binding.
>>
>> - Able to download and extract artifacts
>> - Verified README, NOTICE & LICENSE files
>> - Able to build from Source distribution and launch Lens
>> - Able to launch Lens Server/Client and launch sample queries from Source
>> and Binary Distribution
>>
>> Kind Regards
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Amareshwari Sriramdasu <
>> amareshwari@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> +1 (binding)
>>>
>>> - Signature looks good
>>> - Validated checksums
>>> - LICENSE and NOTICE look ok. Found one issue as put below.
>>> - Built from source.
>>> - Ran examples from binary distribution.
>>>

>>> LICENSE :
>>>
>>> The file
>>> ./apache-lens-2.3.0-beta/src/site/resources/images/apache-feather-tm.gif
>>> -
>>> contains "Copyright (c) 1998 Hewlett-Packard Company", not sure from
>>> where
>>> we copied the file from. We should remove the copyright, I'm not blocking
>>> the release for this, we should remove it in next release.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Amareshwari
>>>
>>> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Rajat Khandelwal <pr...@apache.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone

>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lens.git;a=commit;h=d3ba5a3845fdd1a90596f04ac979ab54bc1e65ad

>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lens.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-rc0/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-source-release.zip

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lens/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-rc0/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-bin.tar.gz

>>> modules

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LENS/Licensing+in+Apache+Lens

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12332350&projectId=12315923

>>> verification:

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.3.0-beta

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.3.0-beta

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1 Binding.

Posted by Amareshwari Sriramdasu <am...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Raju Bairishetti <ra...@inmobi.com>.
+1 for the release

--
Thanks & Regards,
Raju Bairishetti,

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.3.0-beta

Posted by Raju Bairishetti <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raju Bairishetti <ra...@apache.org>.