Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Antony Paul <an...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/14 12:53:06 UTC

Can any one tell where is a simple Tomcat + IIS how to using Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3?

Hi all,
I tried configuring Tomcat 4.1.27 + IIS 5.0 using JK
connector(isapi_redirector.dll) as per the documentation on the onjava.com
(http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/12/18/tomcat.html). But failed.
Thinking that it may be a problem with DLL I went to download it again. But
no bianry version of it is availble at the site jakarta download site.
Currently only Coyote JK2(isapi_redirector2.dll) is provided. So I tried
with JK2 again no result and IIS shows it is not loading the DLL in the
filter(There is a red down arrow).

Antony Paul

RE: Can any one tell where is a simple Tomcat + IIS how to using Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3?

Posted by Johan Kok <jk...@messianic.dyndns.org>.
QUick try --

Load apache with these and get that to work. After that switch back to IIS.

Posted by Thorsten Westmeier <we...@justmail.de>.
Hi,

I can help you only with Tomcat, IIS + JK1 1.2.4

By the way, if anyone knows, what to change to use 1.2.5, please help!!!
Simply replacing the dll is not enough, but what else is to do?

1. Make sure, that Tomcat and IIS run correct "as standalone Versions" .
    Try http:/localhost/ and an IIS-Screen should appear.
    Try http:/localhost:8080/ and a Tomcat screen should appear.

2. Download the isapi_redirector.
I have problems with the brand new 1.2.5, so you should first try the
version 1.2.4 and try to upgrade later if it works.

3. Copy isapi_redirector.dll, workers.properties and
uriworkermap.properties in Tomcat/conf

workers.properties:
---------------------------
worker.list=Worker
worker.Worker.port=8009
worker.Worker.host=localhost
worker.Worker.type=ajp13

uriworkermap.properties:
-----------------------------------
/pmviewer/*=Worker
/pmviewer/*.jsp=Worker

/pmhelp/*=Worker
/pmhelp/*.jsp=Worker

4. Registry-Entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\1.0

extension_uri		/tomcat/isapi_redirector.dll
log_file		D:\\Tomcat4.1\\logs\\jk_iis.log
log_level		Debug
worker_file		D:\\Tomcat4.1\\conf\\workers.properties
worker_mount_file	D:\\Tomcat4.1\\conf\\uriworkermap.properties

5. Create Virtual-Directory and Isapi-Filter-Entry as described in the
OnJava Article.

6. For newer Tomcat Versions ( 4.1.12 or 4.1.18, I think) you have to
change the server.xml:

a) deactivate JMX MBeans support, to avoid Error-Mesages

   <!-- Uncomment these entries to enable JMX MBeans support -->
   <!--
   <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"
             debug="0"/>
   <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"
             debug="0"/>
   -->

b) Change the default AJP 1.3 Connector back from JK2

     <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
     <!--
                enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
                useURIValidationHack="false"
                protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>
      -->

                acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

7. Restart IIS and Tomcat or better the whole machine.

8. Let me know, if it works  :)

Good Luck,
Thorsten