Posted to dev@s2graph.apache.org by Hyunsung Jo <hy...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/01 07:52:22 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Project Road Map

Doyoung,

Thank you for sharing the document!

Luke and Alexander,

Do you have any concerns regarding supporting multiple storage engines?

As far as I understand, although S2Graph began exclusively on top of HBase,
it always had other storage engines in mind.
Perhaps this is somewhat unclear in the proposal, but I see hits of the
plan for additional storages in statements such as -
S2Graph <https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/S2Graph> provides a scalable
distributed graph database engine over *a key/value store such as HBase*.
This is also why some of the earliest JIRA tickets (S2GRAPH-1, 51) cover
this topic. (Now that I think of it, we should have had this discussion
prior to opening the tickets, but better late than never!)
Thanks to the recent refactoring (S2GRAPH-17) as Doyoung mentioned, I think
the latest storage-related code is abstract + general enough to try out
integrations with storages other than HBase.

Thanks,
Jo

Re: [DISCUSS] Project Road Map

Posted by DO YUNG YOON <sh...@gmail.com>.
I am also fan of Neo4J’s web interface and I agree with JongWook's
opinion, think about the UI from the scratch.

I thought simply visualize graph structure could be done with simple
javascript work(maybe d3.js or something) since s2graph query has
"returnTree" feature that return entire tree that query traversed on(in bfs
search manner).

I think most of folks had chance to take a look at what we are heading to
in big picture(give any feedback if anything is not clear).

I want to start discuss what we will prioritize on above list and more
importantly, what will be our focus for our first release.
Here is my opinion.

Low Latency, High Throughput, Serialize Schema, BFS Query, Documentations,
Project Homepage.

Above parts are very basic for storing/select data as Edge/Vertex and
traverse on them which I think what is most important features.
What do you guys think?

Re: [DISCUSS] Project Road Map

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Project Road Map