Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/23 14:17:41 UTC

[Studio] ApacheDS old version removal, and Pom cleanup...

Hi,

the pom.xml still refers old ApacheDS versions (153..&57), even if it's
commented. Should we remove  those commented references and teh
associated plugins ?

Also what about removing all the commented parts in all the pom ?

Shoudl we do that before merging the branch back to trunk ?

Re: [Studio] ApacheDS old version removal, and Pom cleanup...

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 25/03/15 04:24, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 3:31 AM, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>
> wrote:
>
>> On 03/23/2015 02:17 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the pom.xml still refers old ApacheDS versions (153..&57), even if it's
>>> commented. Should we remove  those commented references and teh
>>> associated plugins ?
>>>
>>> Also what about removing all the commented parts in all the pom ?
>>>
>>> Shoudl we do that before merging the branch back to trunk ?
>>>
>> Just a quick poll: I'd also remove the apacheds.configuration plugin
>> which has configuration editors for ApacheDS 1.5.0 till 1.5.7. Or should
>> we keep the editors?
>>

> +1 to remove, this should encourage users to migrate to 2.0 :)

Keep in mind that 1.5.7 was, somehow, just a milestone. We FU in the
numbering shcema, that's all...

Re: [Studio] ApacheDS old version removal, and Pom cleanup...

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: [Studio] ApacheDS old version removal, and Pom cleanup...

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 24/03/15 20:31, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> the pom.xml still refers old ApacheDS versions (153..&57), even if it's
>> commented. Should we remove  those commented references and teh
>> associated plugins ?
>>
>> Also what about removing all the commented parts in all the pom ?
>>
>> Shoudl we do that before merging the branch back to trunk ?
>>
> Just a quick poll: I'd also remove the apacheds.configuration plugin
> which has configuration editors for ApacheDS 1.5.0 till 1.5.7. Or should
> we keep the editors?

Remove it.

Re: [Studio] ApacheDS old version removal, and Pom cleanup...

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 23/03/15 18:02, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> the pom.xml still refers old ApacheDS versions (153..&57), even if it's
>> commented. Should we remove  those commented references and teh
>> associated plugins ?
>>
>> Also what about removing all the commented parts in all the pom ?
>>
>> Shoudl we do that before merging the branch back to trunk ?
>>
> There is DIRSTUDIO-1005. I'd like to do that after the merge because
> renaming/moving in branches already caused me some headaches.

Sure, no problem.

Thanks Stefan !

Re: [Studio] ApacheDS old version removal, and Pom cleanup...

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:17 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the pom.xml still refers old ApacheDS versions (153..&57), even if it's
> commented. Should we remove  those commented references and teh
> associated plugins ?
>
> Also what about removing all the commented parts in all the pom ?
>
> Shoudl we do that before merging the branch back to trunk ?

+1 to get rid of all the pre 2.0 bundles of ApacheDS from Studio

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com